We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimming, beach and shelling

West Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
swimming, beach and shelling

We are coming to Topsail for the first time next week. We have been going to OBX for years and decided to try something new. I have been reading the forum for several months and appreciate the info. I have 2 questions. We are staying in the 3800's Island Drive, North Topsail. How are the beaches in this area regards to erosion?

Also, I have young children and in the past we have stayed at homes with community pool access. We always spend the morning/early afternoon at the beach but the boys have enjoyed the pool a day or 2 the late afternoon/evening. Our home this time does not have any pool access. Are there any public pools in the area.

Finally, I have heard there are boats that go to other islands for shelling but can not find any evidence of this on the Internet. Any advice?

Thanks for the help. We are all excited to experience Topsail Island.

1. Re: swimming, beach and shelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations