We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topsail Dunes condos?

Level Contributor
218 posts
3 reviews
Topsail Dunes condos?

Can anyone tell me anything about Topsail Dunes condos? Location on the island? Information about the beach and surrounding areas? Closest restaurants, grocery stores, etc? Thanks so much for the info!

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1 414 posts
94 reviews
1. Re: Topsail Dunes condos?

Topsail Dune condos are located at North Topsail beach. Within a 15-20 minute walk to the end of the Island. The dunes have a pool and are next to the Ship watch Condos. They are an older complex, I have never stayed there but people like them and the North end of the Island is my favorite. It is never crowded. The Island of topsail is divided into three sections: North Topsail in the North and closest to Sneads Ferry and Jacksonville NC, Surf city in the middle where most of the restaurants and shopping and crowds are and Topsail in the south closest to Wilmington NC. There is a food lion at the north end and a food lion at the south end of the Island over the bridges. There are only two restaurants on the North end. One is located in the St Regis restaurant called the Atlantis which you could easily walk to from the Dunes; however it is expensive. Expect to pay $20 + for entrees. The Bella Luna Restaurant is in the Villa Capriani. 5 minute drive from the Dunes. Entrees range from $12-$25. There is a restaurant string that reviews Topsail Island restaurants. You can drive to Sneads ferry in less than 20 minutes and Surf city in 30 minutes from North Topsail or you can drive into Jacksonville for chain restaurants. Sneads ferry has a lot of nice restaurants and is less crowded than Surf city. There are also resyurants in the river area of Sneads Ferry and that is fun.

www.theatlantisrestaurant.com/atlmenu.html

http://www.bellalunabistro.com/menu.htm

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g49584-i2226-k3719…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g49584-i2226-k3443…

Level Contributor
218 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Topsail Dunes condos?

Thanks for the info--it is much appreciated!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2 605 posts
53 reviews
3. Re: Topsail Dunes condos?

For one who has never been to Topsail Island before, some of the information Astrid provided may be misunderstood.

The south end of the island which s/he refers to as Topsail is more accurately the town of Topsail Beach. This area is not closer to Wilmington via a car, but only as the crow flies. You are closer to Wilmington if you stay in the Surf City area, as to leave the island from Topsail Beach, you must drive back up to Surf City.

The southernmost bridge to access the island is in Surf City, which is really about mid-point on the island. There is no Food Lion at the South End of the island over the bridge. This is at Surf City, which is mid-island.

Looking at a map of the island can clarify; here is one from Ward Realty (only picked because it was simple) that shows the lines between the three areas, North, Surf City and Topsail Beach, and the locations of the bridges to access the mainland via route 50 (Surf City) or 210 (North Topsail).

http://www.wardrealty.com/Content/map.asp

Edited: 30 June 2010, 12:16
Level Contributor
218 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Topsail Dunes condos?

Thanks so much for the clarification and the map--both are really helpful!

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Topsail Dunes condos?

Lots of good info here, I thought I'd clarify just a little further.

The realty company's map isn't to scale of course so it might be just a little misleading. North Topsail Beach takes up the northern half of the island while Topsail Beach and Surf City comprise the southern half of the island, with TB to the south.

Hope this helps! Have a great vacation :)

6. Re: Topsail Dunes condos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations