We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

north end of the island

Ashton, WV
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
north end of the island

We are staying on the tip of the island. I noticed from pictures that cars park there and maybe put their boats in. Is that land privately owned? I wanted to walk up the inlet but wanted to make sure I won't be trespassing.

Brownsburg, Indiana
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: north end of the island

There is a public boat ramp at the North End High Rise Bridge,,just past the Shrimp stand. It is a short boat ride to the inlet from here.

You can drive your vehicle on the beach at the North End but I would suggest that you have a 4WD vehicle,,,although i have seen others.

I have launched my kayaks from this area and it is open to the public,,but it is extremely busy area (boat traffic)and the channel to and from the ocean runs through this inlet. There is lots of current so its recommended that you not swim in this area,,,although i have and seen others,,,just be very aware of your surroundings....and wear you lifejacket.

Directly across from the inlet to the north is Camp Lejeune (marine corps--goverment) property ,,,and i think it is posted as such. I have shelled and fished from here with no problems ,,,but for some reason i am thinking that they may be patrolling this area now.

Have a great trip and if you get a chance check out the south end inlet ,,,this is my favorite place on the island to kayak,fish,swim,shell..or just go for a walk..

2. Re: north end of the island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 June 2010, 13:09
3. Re: north end of the island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations