We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shrimp Lady update

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Shrimp Lady update

If you're looking for the Shrimp Lady's seafood stand that used to be located at the base of the high rise bridge in North Topsail Beach, it has moved.

The Shrimp Lady is now located at at 4021 Island Drive in front of Roger's Bay campground, just a little ways up the road from its old location.

Instead of selling from the cart, the new location is in a shop.

The Shrimp Lady had to move because of new vendor regulations in the town but there does seem to be an upside - they are now able to sell a greater variety of fresh, local seafood. In addition, they also have live lobsters. Yum.

You can call the Shrimp Lady at 910-328-9994.

I still think it looks odd to not see the Shrimp Lady's stand at the base of the bridge and I hope this new location is successful for them.

Sneads Ferry, North...
11 posts
1. Re: Shrimp Lady update

The Millis family runs the Shrimp Lady seafood and I can tell you that their seafood is fresh off the boat in Sneads Ferry. Well, except for the lobster, ha, ha.

It's a shame that they had to move their cart but I hope the new place will be even better for them. I think it will be as far as the tourists go because I think more of them will be inclined to buy from a seafood market than from the side of the road.

2. Re: Shrimp Lady update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations