We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indigo Marsh is Closing

Topsail Island
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Indigo Marsh is Closing

Saw it on the news yesterday,They will be closing for good 12-12 .Another Victim of the economy Maybe .There's another couple of Restaurants on the Chopping block too,This offseason has been murder.

Topsail Island...
Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Indigo Marsh is Closing

OK, Yogi, I'll bite. Who?

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3 552 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Indigo Marsh is Closing

Sorry to hear this, please keep us updated.

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Indigo Marsh is Closing

It's too bad they closed; they were an award winning restaurant. I hope the others can hang on.

Topsail Island...
Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Indigo Marsh is Closing

Indigo Marsh carved out a nitch for itself in the Topsail area market five years ago by offering fine dinning at it’s finest. Over the years, they presented a diverse menu using local ingredients of the highest quality and commanded their fair share of the market. As the economic conditions changed, their nitch shrunk as did the market. Indigo Marsh held fast to their high quality standards until it became apparent the economic recovery has not begun or would in the foreseeable future.

I have had many wonderful dinners there with friends and family over the years. The drinks, salad, steak, and desert that I had there during the last week they were open were as good, if not better, than any I had over the five years. We shared a few tears and many good memories with the owners and the staff. They can be proud of their award winning presentations. Indigo Marsh will be greatly missed.

Alexandria, Virginia
2 posts
1 review
5. Re: Indigo Marsh is Closing

We are so sorry to see that Indigo Marsh closed. We always ate there at least once when we visit Topsail Island. I hope the other good places can hang on - Daddy Mac's, for example. I also like many of the middle priced places - Mollie's and Batson's Galley and hope they hang on.

nc
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: Indigo Marsh is Closing

We are so disappointed to hear of this news. Indigo Marsh was the only place we really liked to dine in the area. Great food, great service and great views. I sincerely wish the owners and chef luck in their future ventures. Indigo Marsh was a gem among restaurants - a true standout.

Any advice on where else to dine in the area now? Anything new? We've never had much luck with Mainsail, Daddy Mac's, Atlantis, etc.

Alexandria, Virginia
2 posts
1 review
7. Re: Indigo Marsh is Closing

We really like Daddy Macs - sorry you haven't had good luck there. Bouchaines is also very good. That's about it for high end. For less fancy fare batson Galley (great hush puppies) and Mollies are good.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
81 reviews
8. Re: Indigo Marsh is Closing

Avoid the loust joint that replace Indigo Marsh. Cheri's is the worst. Very poor quality cuts of meat, and the fish is even worse. They have no real cuisine, and don't understand how to prepare food. You can't even get real butter for rolls, or a baked potato. This is now just a cheap pace for the nascar crowd to go.

If you have any taste buds, go to daddy mac's.

Also avoid max's pizza. Again very poor quality food. There are a couple of other pizza and Italian places to get much better food at. Try Long Island pizza, or the new place, Engleses which is just off the island at the corner of nc 50 and nc 210.

Sneads Ferry, North...
11 posts
9. Re: Indigo Marsh is Closing

We like Max's Pizza. We've always found the pizza and subs to be very good. I like the Mexican restaurant Camino Real too. The food is good and the portions are big.

Went to Englese's this weekend with the family. It was nice but not what I had expected. Everyone kept saying that there was a new Italian place in town when in reality it's a pizza place with some Italian dishes on the menu. The pizza was good as were the sandwiches. I ordered an entre and and it was good but nothing special. The prices were good on everything but the Italian entres, they were overpriced for a pizza restaurant. We will probably go back again and get pizza and maybe try one of the other entres. My son wants to go back, he ordered his own personal pizza with extra toppings. He liked it a lot and I think it was about $7.99.

I haven't tried Cheri's since it opened back up but I guess I probably will because I get a hankering for a steak now and again.

10. Re: Indigo Marsh is Closing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2010, 09:15
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations