We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Impodimo vs Tuningi

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
86 reviews
24 helpful votes
Impodimo vs Tuningi

We have been to Madikwe many times but not to either of these lodges

Which one is best and why

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
9 242 posts
64 reviews
50 helpful votes
1. Re: Impodimo vs Tuningi

Is this a quiz? Will it be graded? :-)

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
2. Re: Impodimo vs Tuningi

Both are great value for money options in Madikwe. Ipodimo has the underground hide, which is great for photography and a unique view of wildlife. Tuningi is slightly less but also a great lodge. Both are very family friendly, small and incredibly comfortable. I've visited both and booked both for clients over the years and the feedback from both has always been good. Tuningi has had the same manager for years and her husband is an amazing guide. Really lovely options. More a matter of preference in style in the end and bottom line, ie rates. But you honestly cannot go wrong with either option. Have a wonderful safari! As you already know, Madikwe is wonderful and truly a hidden underrated gem!

Jeanie Fundora

Exeter Safari Company

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
188 posts
3. Re: Impodimo vs Tuningi

I believe Impodimo is unfenced whereas Tuningi the opposite. This may be a factor for you to consider

White River, South...
Level Contributor
2 931 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Impodimo vs Tuningi

I have stayed at both and loved it. If I had to choose one to return to, it would be Tuningi as the management couple are exceptional.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
86 reviews
24 helpful votes
5. Re: Impodimo vs Tuningi

Thanks so much Jeanie

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
86 reviews
24 helpful votes
6. Re: Impodimo vs Tuningi

Thanks Tanya

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
86 reviews
24 helpful votes
7. Re: Impodimo vs Tuningi

Jeanie

Impodimo make a point of their Shangan trackers. Did this make a difference for you when out in the bush ?

Thanks for your help again

Noel

8. Re: Impodimo vs Tuningi

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Madikwe Game Reserve
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.