We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best local SIM card

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
98 reviews
32 helpful votes
Best local SIM card
Save

Hi, im visiting Balule from the UK in the first two weeks of August, could anyone advise which local SIM card would be best to purchase, (mainly for data) and would it be best to purchase this in Jo'Burg or Hoedspruit please? Thank you!

3 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
9 027 posts
620 reviews
300 helpful votes
1. Re: Best local SIM card
Save

You need to buy at Johannesburg unless you are going into the town of Hoedspruit, which I suspect you’re not? It is a very small airport! You can’t buy a SIM card there.

You may find that a sim doesn’t work in Balule. I go to Klaserie, close by and most of the time, I have no signal on Vodacom. I would email the lodge and ask them which is the best provider and if indeed there is any coverage. Don’t they have WiFi?

Edited: 4 years ago
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
98 reviews
32 helpful votes
2. Re: Best local SIM card
Save

Thanks, thought as much. I'm told that you can get 3G at the camp 👍

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
98 reviews
32 helpful votes
3. Re: Best local SIM card
Save

Thanks, thought as much. I'm told that you can get 3G at the camp 👍

Reply to: Best local SIM card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Balule Nature Reserve
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.