We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Idube vs Inyati Game lodge?

Level Contributor
26 posts
Idube vs Inyati Game lodge?

Idube is cheaper but both are within our budget. We usually don’t spent this much on accommodations but are fine with this! Therefore, we want to a place that feels luxurious

3 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 183 posts
42 reviews
53 helpful votes
1. Re: Idube vs Inyati Game lodge?

Inyati is not what I would describe as luxurious. Some of the chalet rooms are up the back facing on to a walkway, so not very private. The ones nearer the river viewing deck are the better choice. The game viewing in that western sector of Sabi is excellent.

An important criteria for us is not the luxury but the game drives. Inyati does not limit guest numbers on their safari vehicles, they may have changed that by now but I would check it out for both lodges. One game drive we had 8 plus driver, it was too many and one couple had an interpreter with them translating into Spanish and right behind us. A very distracting game drive. I see Idube has luxury suites

United States
Level Contributor
1 855 posts
81 reviews
50 helpful votes
2. Re: Idube vs Inyati Game lodge?

I have stayed at both and while I have to agree with Nooee on the rooms at Inyati, their view from the main deck and pool is excellent. Idube did some upgrading to the main area but the rooms are more on the rustic side. They do have more privacy than the Inyati rooms and they have 3 suites with private plunge pools. Both lodges can fill the vehicles, but I believe Inyati tries to stick with 8 or less (we had 7) while Idube will go to 9 or 10 if they are full (we've had 6-10). Both are in the western sector and have great viewing. Inyati includes house wine and beer, Idube charges but prices are not outrageous. I have to say that on my last stay at Idube, I wasn't thrilled with the guides. Inyati has more seasoned guides. I wouldn't describe either lodge as luxurious but that depends on what you would consider luxury. Both have their plusses and their draw backs.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
104 reviews
70 helpful votes
3. Re: Idube vs Inyati Game lodge?

Just stayed at Inyati.

We had a great guide and great viewings. Service was attentive and friendly. The chalet is very comfortable and the setting by the river is beautiful and allows for bonus sightings.

However, I won’t call it luxurious.

Reply to: Idube vs Inyati Game lodge?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.