We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traversing area of Sabi Sabi

New York City, New...
1 post
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Traversing area of Sabi Sabi

Hello,

I am traveling to Sabi Sands for my honeymoon, and Sabi Sabi Selati is high on our list.

Does anyone know what the traversing rights are at Sabi Sabi? From what I could find online it seems like they share with Nottens. I am trying to figure out who they share with and the general concession size. On some maps Sabi Sabi is split into two areas adjacent to one another (and I've noticed some maps are slightly different).

Also, general opinions on game viewing there would be appreciated as well.

Thank you.

6 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
6 477 posts
15 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Traversing area of Sabi Sabi

I think the Sabi Sand reserve lodges have tightened up on this information. I believe that Nottens have an agreement to allow vehicles to traverse Sabi Sabi, with restrictions. You can see on this map the 'farm' land boundaries that belong to Sabi Sabi and Nottens, which I think is the limit of the traverse; the western Sabi Sabi block houses Earth Lodge with the other three lodges in the eastern-northern farm. So it looks to be about 6,500 ha; similar Lion Sands, slightly smaller than Kirkman's. https://www.safaribookings.com/sabi-sands/map

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 226 posts
2. Re: Traversing area of Sabi Sabi

I think Sabi Sabi Selati is a great option for your honeymoon stay! Sabi Sabi only traverse with Notten’s within about 6,800 hectares. There are no fences between the Kruger NP and the reserve to allow for game to move freely through the area. You can read about their latest sightings on their website blog here - https://www.sabisabi.com/blog/.

While Sabi Sabi does have many vehicles, Notten’s has three. The three-vehicles-per-sighting rule is adhered to quite well, but you could see many other vehicles on game drives each day. Your chances of seeing the Big 5 are good. I just visited a couple weeks ago and saw white rhino, wild dogs, elephants, a pride of 12 lions, and two cheetah to name a few.

Callie Robinson – Sales Operations Manager – Travel Beyond

White River, South...
Level Contributor
2 931 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Traversing area of Sabi Sabi

I have enjoyed numerous stays at the various Sabi Sabi lodges, and the game viewing is usually excellent.

It is correct that Sabi Sabi has two large pieces of land that are adjacent to one another. This is due to the fact that the property on which their Earth Lodge is built, was acquired some years' ago and this further increased their game viewing traversing area. You really can't go wrong with a safari honeymoon at Selati!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
91 posts
14 reviews
68 helpful votes
4. Re: Traversing area of Sabi Sabi

Is Singita the largest area per the map?

Does Singita traverse to other portions or do they stick to there own land?

White River, South...
Level Contributor
2 931 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Traversing area of Sabi Sabi

Singita also traverses on Londolozi's property.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

Claremont...
Level Contributor
264 posts
41 reviews
11 helpful votes
6. Re: Traversing area of Sabi Sabi

If one were picking the camp with the most generous traversing rights in Sabi Sands, which might that be? I was at Silvan recently and while we were allowed to keep following some wild dogs, a couple of the other camps had to peel off. I had not been aware of how this worked really until then, so it seems like you'd really heighten your chances of a great safari if your access is less limited by the traversing rights.

Reply to: Traversing area of Sabi Sabi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.