We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Dinner - What and Where $$$ No Object

CA
Level Contributor
149 posts
32 reviews
One Dinner - What and Where $$$ No Object

I am looking to surprise my wife with an over the top dinner on a Tuesday evening later this month and I am researched out (alize, carnevino, cut, robuchon, picasso, fleur) , so I pose this question to my fellow tripadvisors to help me with my decision

You have tuesday evening at the end of August with no spending limit- where would you have dinner? What would you have there? Why did you choose this place and dish. Anything special to ask for at this place?

Thanks so much helping me surpise my wife!!!

Tom

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6 728 Reviews
from US$399,99*
US$520,00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las...
625 Reviews
from US$369,99*
US$479,00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
5 839 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: One Dinner - What and Where $$$ No Object

I can't recommend anything but can't wait to see some of the suggestions and may I say what a nice surprise!

Penrith, United...
Level Contributor
5 872 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: One Dinner - What and Where $$$ No Object

The most expensive dinner and probably my best dinner in vegas was the tasting menu at twist. With wine pairings and tip the meal came to $680.

I've never been to Joel roubochon but have heard it's amazing.

We did guy savoy two trips ago and I wasn't impressed to be honest.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
45 711 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: One Dinner - What and Where $$$ No Object

Our fine dining is often reserved for special occasions. So we have a few restaurants that I consider appropriate for special occasions, such as Picasso, Alize, Andre, because of the more romantic experience.

So for a nice dinner that wasn't a special occasion, I have another few choices, which are nice experiences, but not romantic. These include SW Steakhouse, Country Club Grill, Bouchon, Charlie Palmer. I know this is just giving you more options, but IMO those are worth checking out.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15 820 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: One Dinner - What and Where $$$ No Object

For my wife, it's be Nobu. She loves sushi and all manner of rolls but never eats them (low carb at home) so it'd be a special treat for her. One steak tastes pretty much like another to her, and she's not a "fancy food" gal so the Robuchon, etc wouldn't be special for her.

I'd follow with an over the top dessert someplace like Jean Philippe, another of her absolutely favorite things that she never does at home.

Point is, you know your wife best and what kind of food/place she'd find most special. Have a look at the photos and menus on-line for your top picks. For some additional ideas, have a look through the Eating Las Vegas Top 50 restaurant list (on the phone so I can't link, but Google is your friend).

Michigan
Level Contributor
8 255 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: One Dinner - What and Where $$$ No Object

Carnevino, I went there for the 1st time last month and it was fantastic. It may have moved to my #1 steakhouse over STK. The Bone in Ribeye and the Dry Aged Beef Tortellini were Awesome.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 199 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: One Dinner - What and Where $$$ No Object

So you're asking me where I would take your wife for dinner later in August? That would be an awkward meal, since I don't know your wife! Can you at least tell me her hobbies, so I know what to talk to her about?

Now I'm really nervous! I've never dated a married woman before:)

Napa, California
Level Contributor
43 posts
7. Re: One Dinner - What and Where $$$ No Object

Joel Robuchon.

Hands down. 18 course tasting menu.

Best meal of my life, ever, anywhere. Including the French Laundry.

Expect to spend 4 figures for dinner, but worth it, if you are looking for a very special place.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1 616 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: One Dinner - What and Where $$$ No Object

Prime at Bellagio...wait for a table outside by the fountains.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
11 891 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: One Dinner - What and Where $$$ No Object

If I was in this predicament, I would opt for the menu degustation at Joel Robuchon, as mentioned above.

I think it's $425 per person. Wine pairings are extra.

Norman, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: One Dinner - What and Where $$$ No Object

E by Jose Andres