We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Juke Joint Festival - April 2016…what to expect

Mission, B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Juke Joint Festival - April 2016…what to expect

Hello!

We're going to attend the Juke Joint Festival in April. I'm wondering if someone could give us an overview of what the festival is like. I've checked out the website and last years events are listed. I see that there are day stages….do you bring your own lawn chairs? And then there are several indoor venues….do you buy tickets to these places and are there enough seats for everyone? Saturday is a big day and night…..what is different about Saturday because it seems that there is a lot going on starting Thursday. Would love to hear your experience of the festival. THANKS!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30 449 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Juke Joint Festival - April 2016…what to expect

Have not been to the festival so hopefully someone else will post.

Check on festival website for info.

Mission, B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Juke Joint Festival - April 2016…what to expect

Thanks! Site not too active right now….winter time???

Clarksdale...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Juke Joint Festival - April 2016…what to expect

Hi. I'm with Juke Joint Festival and can help with your question. Juke Joint Festival (and the Related Events in the days surrounding it) is a nonprofit event that is "Half blues festival, half small-town fair and all about the Delta!" We'll have over 100 blues acts during the course of the weekend. On the Saturday (main event) of JJF, you can expect 13 small daytime stages as well as around 20 nighttime venues. (Tons of related events run Thurs-Sun nights, btw.) The musical lineup won't be announced till March, but you can expect a similar lineup to last year. Plenty of old-school, real-deal and up-and-coming blues acts. We book local and Mississippi-connected first (especially the guys in their 70s and 80s) and then fan out from there. You can go ahead an pre-purchase Sat night wristbands at www.jukejointfestival.com. Please watch our web site for more details as we get closer. Oh, and catch up on your sleep now because you won't want to sleep on JJF weekend since there is so much going on! See y'all in April, Roger Stolle, roger@cathead.biz

Mission, B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Juke Joint Festival - April 2016…what to expect

Thank you!

Wine Coast Country...
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Juke Joint Festival - April 2016…what to expect

Hi RogerAtCatHead, can you tell me if they ever sell out of the wrist bands for Saturday night?

State College, PA
Level Contributor
89 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Juke Joint Festival - April 2016…what to expect

Having thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to MS and to the JJF, I'll add a couple responses to MrsFugaru's original questions for reference for next year. Some people bring their own chairs, which is helpful for sitting near acts performing on the sidewalks or outdoor stages, but not essential. We flew into Memphis, so didn't have the option to bring chairs. We usually found available chairs or a curb to sit on (we did bring a picnic blanket). The festival headquarters was selling small portable seats (no backs) but we thought it would be more of a pain to carry them around- personal preference. The indoor venues could be crowded, best to arrive early for a seat if there is something you really want to see. Overall, very worth the trip! Thank you to everyone who was so friendly and helpful.

7. Re: Juke Joint Festival - April 2016…what to expect

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2017, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Clarksdale