We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday night in clarksdale

CA
Level Contributor
131 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Friday night in clarksdale

I will be in clarksdale on friday 5/16 for a night and am looking for a central hotel that I can walk to several good blues clubs, have some good BBQ and several man sodas in celebration without the worry of driving afterwards. I hear that taxi service is hard to come by - any thoughts of where to stay? thanks in advance

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friday night in clarksdale

Stay at the Clark House B&B. It's really your only choice. Just a five minute walk to all the blues bars. Drive to Abes BBQ, or walk to Larry's Tamales, for lunch. Walk to Yazoo Pass or Stone Pony for supper. Very safe town to walk around. Keep in mind that Clarksdale is a small, sleepy, southern town, rich in history. first stop should be Delta Blues Museum, then Ground Zero, Reds, etc. It will take two days and nights for a real blues experience.

Barking, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Friday night in clarksdale

We stayed at the Shack Up Inn, which is a couple of miles from town, they have live music every weekend + the Hobson Plantation is next door (they had live music too last Friday).

Now, you may think it too far from Town, but if you give Ground Zero a call, they'll come & pick you up (+ drop you back). They charge $5 per person per trip. Just give Barry a call direct on 901-606-5041

Check out the reviews of the Shack up inn.

If not GZ also do rooms too, but don't forget to visit ",Reds", it's excellent.

Wish I was back there lol

3. Re: Friday night in clarksdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2016, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Clarksdale