We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blues venues with kids?

Phila., PA
Level Contributor
329 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
blues venues with kids?

Is anyone aware of a blues venue we can visit with a 12yo? I will be travelling through between Memphis and NOLA, and wanted to spend a day in Clarksdale. Obviously with my kid blues bars are out, but thinking of other venues like restaurants with music, etc. We will be visiting sometime mid-week.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Clarksdale
Clarksdale
Mississippi
Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: blues venues with kids?

sure! so many venues ie Cat Head, Rock & Blues Museum, Ground Zero Blues club, Restaurants, Hambone Gallery (music, art, food) Guitar shop, Delta Blues Museum, the former Train Depot, etc etc etc ... contact Roger Stolle at Cat Head Delta Blues Folk Art store for info on EVERYTHING going on in Clarksdale =)

Best in Blues, Shein

Edited: 06 February 2013, 23:12
Mentioned in this post
Ground Zero Blues Club
Ground Zero Blues Club
309 Reviews
Clarksdale, MS
The Delta Blues Museum
The Delta Blues Museum
482 Reviews
Clarksdale, MS
Clarksdale
Clarksdale
Mississippi
Phila., PA
Level Contributor
329 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: blues venues with kids?

Sheinde - thanks for the info! Was not aware we would have that many choices.

Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: blues venues with kids?

Hi... glad I can help =)

I go out to Clarksdale and actually spend a week hanging out.. ..so much going on ..even for a 12 year old I'd say ... have fun!

Best in Blues

Sheindie

Mentioned in this post
Clarksdale
Clarksdale
Mississippi
4. Re: blues venues with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Clarksdale