We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Clarksdale for a day?

Decatur, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 002 posts
207 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Clarksdale for a day?

Well, I misread a date on an activity in Clarksdale which actually starts at 3pm on Tuesday, May 23.

I'll be coming in from visiting the Space Center in Huntsville, Al around noon on Monday the 22 so looking for how to best spend my time in or around Clarksdale.

Also looking for an inexpensive, clean motel for 5/22.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Flowood, MS
Level Contributor
181 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Clarksdale for a day?

Well, I don't have much hotel experience in Clarksdale. It looks like they have a Hampton Inn and it has decent reviews, but its $119 plus tax, so not exactly inexpensive. I personally would stay in Tunica, Batesville, or Oxford; but if you are there for a specific event that may not be an option. I always enjoy Cat Heads when I go to Clarksdale. Its the one place I always go. The owner is full of useful info too, so he could probably point you in a few interesting directions. https://www.cathead.biz. I have been to Ground Zero several times for lunch (owned by Morgan Freeman, unless he sold it). They have great reviews but I only find it to be so so. I went to the Ranchero years ago and loved it.

Decatur, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 002 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Clarksdale for a day?

Thanks!

Reply to: What to do in Clarksdale for a day?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Clarksdale