We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barefoot in Barra Mozambique

Kimberley, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
Barefoot in Barra Mozambique

We want to go in June 2019. Our kids ages is between 15-21. What is June like in Mozambique with regards to entertainment, wheather and sea tempretures? Is the above accomadation recommended?

3 replies to this topic
Matola, Mozambique
Level Contributor
2 023 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Barefoot in Barra Mozambique

Hi,

The only month colder than July is June, water temperatures are also considerably colder. You might be lucky and get some hot days but depending on your idea of beach weather it might not be hot enough. What I mean is most Mozambicans wont go to a beach in June or July, but you can see lots of people from England thinking that 25 degrees is a very hot day.

Entertainment is really the beach, and other boat rides, quad bike rides etc.

Sorry, I have heard of Barefoot in Barra but I have never been there but it looks very nice

2. Re: Barefoot in Barra Mozambique

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Matola, Mozambique
Level Contributor
2 023 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Barefoot in Barra Mozambique

As I said, it depends on what you consider warm. The English go to the beach in this weather, my wife is usually wearing a jacket for most of June.

March is much warmer, the end of summer.

Barra is not very busy in June, it picks up when the school holidays in SA begin but it's not like Easter, October, or December.

Reply to: Barefoot in Barra Mozambique
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Inhambane
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.