We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike rentals near Douglas trail?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
112 posts
70 reviews
Bike rentals near Douglas trail?

Hello,

I will be visiting a friend in Oronoco and then spending a night or two in Rochester

I see that people highly recommend a paved trail called the Douglas trail?

I will have a rental car but it will not fit two bikes

Do they have convenient bike rentals located anywhere along the trail?

Also what food would you recommend eating. Is there anything famous and unique in thst area??!!!

And if anyone knows of any other bike trials, that have nearby bike rentals, anywhere else in the state of Minnesota that they really love and recommend, I am very open about adjusting plans!

We love to bike

5 replies to this topic
Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 077 posts
82 reviews
1. Re: Bike rentals near Douglas trail?

Up north, we use the Mesabi Trail.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
112 posts
70 reviews
2. Re: Bike rentals near Douglas trail?

Aw thank you. We probsbly will stay up north. But are there bike rental shops?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 077 posts
82 reviews
3. Re: Bike rentals near Douglas trail?

Contact Itasca Trail Sports in Grand Rapids. Another trail would be the Munger Trail by Duluth, but we have never riden on it.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5 377 posts
1 209 reviews
4. Re: Bike rentals near Douglas trail?

The Douglas Trail ends in Pine Island, Minnesota and they have free rentals bikes at that location under a program called "borrow a bike". See attached link for more information. The problem is that the trail is under construction for parts of July and August so check the trail website for more information. I have biked this trail in the past and enjoyed it.

pineislandmn.com/recreation/….W10ts8Jrypo

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 236 posts
751 reviews
5. Re: Bike rentals near Douglas trail?

The Douglas trail is OK. It is what Rochester has. I would highly recommend the Root River Trail. It is about 40 minutes from Rochester and is a beautiful and well maintained trail. You can rent bikes in Lansboro. Lansboro is a fun little town with numerous B&B's. There are also Amish tours from Lansboro and tube and kayak rentals available in Lansboro.

Reply to: Bike rentals near Douglas trail?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rochester