We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Ridge, GA - April 5 - 9

Savannah
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Blue Ridge, GA - April 5 - 9

My wife and I will be in Blue Ridge for 4 days celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary. Any suggestions on sight seeing? Any towns in driving distance that are a must? How about a restaurant we wouldn't want to miss?

Thanks so much!

4 replies to this topic
Ellijay, Georgia
Level Contributor
427 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Blue Ridge, GA - April 5 - 9

Just a quick question first, why did you choose Blue Ridge to celebrate a wedding anniversary? The question is not directed to you making a bad choice, rather, Blue Ridge will be a great place to relax and enjoy your celebration. There must have been something to draw you to Blue Ridge first. That is what you do when you come to Blue Ridge. I can name some things you may want to give a whirl at, The Blue Ridge scenic railroad, The Black Sheep for a fine meal, Harvest Moon for great meals, in fact, I don't believe there are any bad restaurants in town. South about 15 minutes is Ellijay, lots of antique stores and Hwy. 52 East is apple alley. There is also Merciers orchards on Hwy. 5 North of Blue Ridge. Visit the Chamber for driving tours and things to do. You can also click that tab at the top of this page. Check their web site for directions and see the daffodils blooming at Gibbs Gardens. there are over 20 million of them. I think that is a must see.

Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Blue Ridge, GA - April 5 - 9

We love Blue Ridge and actually got married there 8 years ago. On 2 different trips to Blue Ridge since then, even after doing all the small things around Blue Ridge we have traveled over to Asheville, NC and visited The Baltimore Estate. It’s a nice drive and makes a great day, a long day but still great.

Savannah
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Blue Ridge, GA - April 5 - 9

You hit the nail on the head. A great place to relax, off of the grid.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17 622 posts
112 reviews
4. Re: Blue Ridge, GA - April 5 - 9

Check out the waterfalls, some are a bit of a drive but all are day trips from Blue Ridge. Depends on where you are staying as some cabins are further up in the mountains. We visited Amicalola falls, its gorgeous. Also Anna Ruby Falls and Tallulah Falls, those you can actually drive to the top but there are lots of steps to the bottom. Lots of great scenic drives. Anna Ruby and Tallulah are over near Helen a good place to visit for a few hours. You can also drive over to Highlands or Lake Chatuge. https:/…

Its a very peaceful area.

Reply to: Blue Ridge, GA - April 5 - 9
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Blue Ridge