We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Ridge Winter Vacation

Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Blue Ridge Winter Vacation

Looking to take a winter vacation for Christmas next year with husbands entire family. We were basically just looking for a week with a nice view in a cabin. Know nothing about Georgia but looks exciting and beautiful. Need feedback on things to do and see!!!!

4 replies to this topic
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19 601 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: Blue Ridge Winter Vacation

A good first step is to read earlier forum questions and the Top Questions. The north GA mountains are gorgeous, from Blue Ridge on the west to the Clayton/Dillard area on the east.

This website is great for exploring the options in the NE corner (my favorite)

www.explorerabun.com

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
632 posts
1 review
2. Re: Blue Ridge Winter Vacation

You may want to venture a few miles north to the Murphy NC area. Get a little cheaper there. You can reach the GSMNP from there on a day trip. I also like the Clayton/Franklin NC area. Cabins tend to be a little more there. Try VRBO for a cabin.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19 601 posts
95 reviews
3. Re: Blue Ridge Winter Vacation

If you are looking at VRBO for cabins, try looking for Rabun Gap listings. RG is a tiny community between Clayton and Dillard but good rentals there. It's at the base of Black Rock Mountain and the good state park there.

FL
Level Contributor
6 posts
79 reviews
4. Re: Blue Ridge Winter Vacation

If this for 2018 you have time. Blue Ridge is the perfect place for Christmas. You just have to know if you want water or mountain view. I would definitely visit the Fannin County Chamber. Mountain Laurel cabins have great cabins but so do many others. We were just there last week. Great nature area is off Aska Road.

Reply to: Blue Ridge Winter Vacation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Blue Ridge