We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

REALJOY Panama City Beach

Houston, Texas
1 post
REALJOY Panama City Beach

I don’t know where to post this, however everyone needs to know about a company who only cares about getting their money. We had a trip planned to Panama City Beach Florida for the Ironman event Nov 3. Due to Hurricane Michael it has been deemed not only unsafe but also just not respectful for the people of the town. I called to cancel our reservations as it’s not only not safe to travel there and will not be for many months above anything it’s just not appropriate. An entire town with many still out of water and electricity is trying to start the process of rebuilding and coming to grips with their loss. Terry told me that until they are notified it is unsafe they will not refund us or cancel our reservation. I asked how long it’s only 2 weeks to our reservation and he could not answer he just kept saying over and over that until they are notified they will not cancel or refund us anything. I went through hurricane Harvey it took our town that had the most devastation months for the debris to even be off of our streets in front of our homes let alone start to rebuild. This is not a place for a vacation. It’s a place for communities to come together for volunteers to go help. I would have been more than happy should they have called and canceled saying that they were going to give the condo to a family or group of volunteers to help with the devastation. But nope. They won’t even refund us. And to top it off no one has even actually been to the condo. They have just been told no damage was done to the resort and there is still no running water. This company honestly disgusts me and I want to make sure everyone knows that this is not a company you should rent from even if they have nice places or good prices. They have no moral integrity or consideration for a town that was devastated. Yet their headquarters are in the state of Florida.

3 replies to this topic
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
177 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: REALJOY Panama City Beach

did you have travel insurance? just because the event you were going to was cancelled doesn't mean the condo would have to refund the money, they probably told you they have to wait 2 weeks because they just don't know yet if it will be able to open at that time. I understand your frustration but I think they just don't know if they will be open at that time

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
577 posts
47 reviews
2. Re: REALJOY Panama City Beach

If you used an AMEX card to pay for your trip, they are so helpful, they will open a dispute and you would get your money back. I have had the best luck with them. I don't know if other cards have this same practice but I would definitely check it out.

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1 282 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: REALJOY Panama City Beach

So sorry you are having this problem. Hope you hear something soon.

Reply to: REALJOY Panama City Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach