We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park transfers and organisation

Plaisance-du-Touch...
Level Contributor
215 posts
24 reviews
Park transfers and organisation

Hi,

First, apologies in advance as I'm sure that these questions have been asked many times before. We're planning to spend four days at the parks next year with our 12-year old and I

have two questions:

1/ We're hesitating between 3 days at Disney and 1 at Universal or 2 days at each. Which would you recommend?

2/ What's the best way of getting between the parks if you don't have a rental car?

Thanks very much

11 replies to this topic
US
Level Contributor
5 826 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Park transfers and organisation

2 at Universal. 12 is a great age for those parks. Get park to park tickets if you can.

Uber or Lyft (ridesharing apps).

Plaisance-du-Touch...
Level Contributor
215 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Park transfers and organisation

Thanks!

England, United...
Level Contributor
1 240 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Park transfers and organisation

I agree Universal is great for that age, especially if they are into thrill rides. Depending on the time of year you will likely only be able to do 2 of the 4 Disney parks so have a look and see which best suit your family. Personally Animal Kingdom would be a good pick as it’s v different from the Universal Parks.

Plaisance-du-Touch...
Level Contributor
215 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Park transfers and organisation

Thanks. Yes, we're probably going to have to do some more research and narrow our choices down a bit!

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
7 125 posts
76 reviews
5. Re: Park transfers and organisation

With only 4 park days I would stick with one or the other.

Visiting both Disney and Universal for a couple days each will be incredibly expensive compared to one or the other for 4 days. There are 4 Disney parks which take a minimum of 5 days to do properly and Universal is best visited over 3 days in my opinion.

If you choose to do both, Uber or Lyft is under $20 Disney to Universal.

Plaisance-du-Touch...
Level Contributor
215 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Park transfers and organisation

We probably need to give it some more thought. Thanks.

Kaysville, Utah
Level Contributor
763 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Park transfers and organisation

We did two days at universal and two at Disney a couple years ago. Yes, it’s more expensive, but we found we were done in all the parks by early afternoon. This year we’re sticking to just Disney because it is cheaper and my husband said either cheaper or not at all. I’m going to miss going to universal and sea world!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
20 465 posts
62 reviews
8. Re: Park transfers and organisation

Can you extend to 6 days? This way 4 days for the 4 main Disney Parks and 2 days for the two main Universal Parks :)

Plaisance-du-Touch...
Level Contributor
215 posts
24 reviews
9. Re: Park transfers and organisation

Thanks for the info. No, we can't add extra days on, not unless we cut our visit short elsewere.

If we find that time is really too short, we'll just have to come back another time ☺

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
9 950 posts
181 reviews
10. Re: Park transfers and organisation

Have you been to Disneyland Paris? There is a bit of overlap between that and WDW. Might make the choice to spend more time at Universal more clear.

Reply to: Park transfers and organisation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted