We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot transportation question

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
26 reviews
Epcot transportation question

We are stopping off site on I-drive and doing Mickeys Not So Scary but have lunch reservations at beaches & cream to meet friends. Our hotel offers free transport to disney but drops off at epcot main entrance only.

So my question is there appears to be no bus to beach club and we won't have a ticket to walk through epcot so apart from mini vans how do we get there? All I can think off is get the monorail to MK or bus to disney springs and change there :-(

8 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 652 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Epcot transportation question

Get an Uber from Epcot to the beach club. Will only cost a couple of dollars. If you need WiFi, the Epcot Park WiFi should stretch out to the parking lot. You can then get a resort bus from beach club to MK, although again, an uber from yacht club to contemporary resort is less than $10 and would save you a lot of time. Just a time/convenience/money trade off.

Edited: 21 October 2018, 14:44
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Epcot transportation question

Another option is to take your hotel shuttle to HS and walk to Beaches from there. It’s abt 15 min walk from HS.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43 971 posts
96 reviews
3. Re: Epcot transportation question

Yep, you're only quick option without a ticket to get to Beach Club from the front entrance of Epcot is taxi/Uber/Lyft.

Of course, the "long way and long duration" of doing it for free would be to catch a Disney bus to DHS park, then catch one of the Friendship boats back to the Beach Club resort.

Another "long way and long duration" way would be to take the monorail from Epcot to the TTC, transfer over to the monorail going to MK, then catching a bus from MK to the Beach Club.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43 971 posts
96 reviews
4. Re: Epcot transportation question

591, I believe the hotel shuttle ONLY goes to Epcot, which is typical for those type shuttles from non-property hotels.

The hotel shuttle won't take them to DHS park; only Epcot.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 652 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Epcot transportation question

OP has stated that their free shuttle only goes to Epcot. Can’t see the driver making an exception just for them!

OP- if the free shuttle only goes to Epcot, how are you getting from Epcot to HS/AK?

I think I’d weigh up the benefits of getting an

Uber to the parks on non MK/Epcot days. May cost you $50 over the course of the trip but would save a ton of time.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10 396 posts
73 reviews
6. Re: Epcot transportation question

Take the LYNX connection to Disney Springs ($2pp, 45 minutes or so), then WDW resort shuttle to the Beach Club.....

And then resort shuttle to Magic Kingdom

And then LYNX from the Transportation Center ($2pp, 60 minutes or so) back to IDrive.

LYNX services needed: from hotel to Sea World LYNX 8; transfer to LYNX 50 to Disney. And vice versa

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 652 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Epcot transportation question

So you’ve got to get to the lynx bus stop from your hotel, wait for a bus, the bus takes 45 minutes, then from Disney springs you’ve gotta wait for a bus to beach club, then another 10-15 minutes on a bus... that’s going to be a 90 minute journey. Each way.

I’d strongly recommend an Uber - would typically cost $20 or less, and take 20-25 minutes door to door.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: Epcot transportation question

Thanks for all the response. Just downloaded the Uber app and it looks like it's only $15 from our hotel so we will do that. Happy Halloween :-)

Reply to: Epcot transportation question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted