We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with the best shuttle transfers

D44
Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
105 reviews
Hotels with the best shuttle transfers

Im not too bothered where we stay but would like to get to disney and universal parks by shuttle. Any recommendations for hotels with family rooms and frequent shuttles throughout the day? (Travelling July 2019).

Thanks

17 replies to this topic
Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
20 296 posts
48 reviews
11. Re: Hotels with the best shuttle transfers

The Holiday Inn DS is within your budget- just looked on booking.com

It’s pretty good and walking distance to DS with free Disney shuttles to the parks

They do very nice (strong) cocktails 😂

No resort fee but they do charge to park

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
20 471 posts
62 reviews
12. Re: Hotels with the best shuttle transfers

If you need shuttles to both Disney and Universal look at the Clarion :)

US
Level Contributor
5 838 posts
37 reviews
13. Re: Hotels with the best shuttle transfers

Could you post your budget in US$? Not up on conversion rates. It’s always helpful when posting here as this board isn’t just for foreign guests. :)

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
914 posts
81 reviews
14. Re: Hotels with the best shuttle transfers

D44. I did a clumsy currency conversion for that 150 quid, and it comes out at $275 Aussie ( my currency to compare) and you are right, it is a smaller budget. Disney hotels are just expensive and many add on resort fee. Do not know how many days or parks etc you want to do, but if a long leisurely holiday of parks every day, could there be a compromise on a few less days and paying more per night? Wyndham Garden is a good price, because you get the perks without the price and you give up not much in my opinion. Just checked and we are paying in April over Easter $Auss 175a night ( 95 pounds and $127 US). so spring break is on part of the dates

The rooms are clean if not spacious but they have room enough for 2 queen beds and adequate bathrooms. Just a thought to get around the budget. Or compromise on dining out, how many extras you buy. Or wait until the budget allows.

Of course none of this may be relevant, you might be planning only a few days and need them all to see the parks, and you might already have flights booked so no compromise on dates. But thought I would weigh in anyway.

Our Universal hotel was cheaper per night than the Disney Springs and we used an online booking agency, not the Travel Agent.

D44
Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
105 reviews
15. Re: Hotels with the best shuttle transfers

OK, spent far too much time on this, but now have 3 options all in Disney Springs: Hilton, Holiday inn, Wyndham (priced high to low in that order)

So, I think? all have their own free shuttles every 30 mins plus all have shuttles to Disney Springs transport.

Are any in 5/10 min walking distance to D Springs transport pickup point?

All breaksfasts cost extra - any preferences?

All 2 queen sized beds (not double)

Resort fees on all?

Any preferences?

Many thanks

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
24 564 posts
20 reviews
16. Re: Hotels with the best shuttle transfers

You're getting kind of far away from what you originally asked but...the Disney Springs hotels don't have their own free shuttles. They have two "sets" of shuttles: one goes to the hotels on one side of Hotel Plaza Blvd and one goes to the hotels on the other side...in other words, the same shuttle goes to the Holiday Inn,Hilton,Doubletree. Its about a 15-20 minute walk to the Disney Springs bus area which is by Zara's. Depends on how hot it is and how fast you walk; we often pick up a salad at the Earl of Sandwich which is by the first bridge that you cross. The Holiday Inn has no resort fee, the others do.We like the Holiday Inn and eat breakfast in the room ( there's a fridge,coffee maker and a microwave) I don't know know what a family room is. These hotels all have shuttles to Universal for a per person fee.

Edited: 27 October 2018, 18:13
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59 611 posts
435 reviews
17. Re: Hotels with the best shuttle transfers

I think your best advice was way back in post #1; split your stay.

Stay near Disney (like Disney Springs) for your Disney days and near Universal for your Universal days. That will save you a lot of time on shuttles and give you more choices.

Reply to: Hotels with the best shuttle transfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted