We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mallard Lakes, Fenwick Island Delaware

Fenwick Island...
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
13 helpful votes
Mallard Lakes, Fenwick Island Delaware

I am a longtime property owner of Mallard Lakes. I was applaud this weekend by the actions of the HOA toward an African American family and their extended family.

The unkind words spoken by the HOA/pool supervisors (as they are one in the same) were very derogatory and from what we observed, untrue.

Should people who represent a community have prejudicial biases, perhaps they look and live elsewhere.

As an owner, my apologies to the family.

1 reply
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Mallard Lakes, Fenwick Island Delaware

I was there over the past week as well and noticed the pool supervisors being very rude to many families, but most definitely towards the African American children. The pool supervisors were seniors and seemed to not want the children to play. The whole atmosphere was irritating. As a fairly new owner, I would like to approach the HOA about this but the leadership of the HOA is almost equal to a cult. The president has the mentality that we should make this a retirement community not a summer resort. I’m beginning to feel some buyers remorse.

Reply to: Mallard Lakes, Fenwick Island Delaware
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Selbyville
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.