We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Econolodge or Best Western Encinitas

United States
Level Contributor
1 633 posts
152 reviews
227 helpful votes
Econolodge or Best Western Encinitas
Save

I plan to spend a couple of days relaxing, after a business trip. Just walk around, go to the beach, have some decent food and a few local beers, visit the self-realization fellowship. I don't know the area well. I am booked at the Econolodge -- got a cheap price -- but wondering if the Best Western is a better location? I assume they are both safe and clean enough (?) and I don't need fancy. Which would you choose? Which is a better location (closer to town, the beach, etc.)? I can look on a map and see where they are but its hard to tell much without knowing the area. thanks!

Encinitas, CA
Destination Expert
for Encinitas
Level Contributor
652 posts
13 reviews
30 helpful votes
1. Re: Econolodge or Best Western Encinitas
Save

No worries regarding safety in either location. BW is closer to downtown old Encinitas and Moonlight Beach, although it is a little over a block east of the coast highway up a hill. Econolodge is really more in Leucadia, closer to Stonesteps beach, a local beach with stairs down from the bluff, no restrooms, etc. Quite a few restaurants nearby and still walkable to downtown Encinitas.

Econolodge is probably more basic than the BW, and I would expect less expensive? Personally I think I'd choose the Econolodge, but then I live in Leucadia! You'll likely be happy in either one.

2. Re: Econolodge or Best Western Encinitas

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2018, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Encinitas
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.