We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking and Ubering in Simonstown

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
75 posts
52 reviews
85 helpful votes
Walking and Ubering in Simonstown
Save

Hello all,

I was wondering on the safety of walking in Simonstown near the False Bay Yacht Club to Boulders/Foxy Beach (~2km). We are a male/female couple and it would be during the afternoon.

Follow-up question being is Uber accessible to get back to Cape Town?

Thanks in advance,

PC

2 replies to this topic
Ouderkerk aan de...
1 post
1. Re: Walking and Ubering in Simonstown
Save

Hi, its quite safe walking here, my family and I are in our third week here and been walking to restaurants at night and around the shops and to the beaches during the day. Our youngest is 3 so safety is our priority.

Just be aware as you would anywhere, but it’s safer than a typical city.

It’s actually beautiful to walk around here, and there seems to be a steady flow of tourists to Boulders from the car park.

Don’t miss walking to Windmill Beach though.

We’ve been Ubering to the bigger shops and to town, you shouldn’t have a problem getting a ride to Cape Town.

Make sure you grab a cup of coffee at Kukomo Coffee and chat to the barrister, Simpiwe. He’s got an amazing story.

2. Re: Walking and Ubering in Simonstown

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?

Reply to: Walking and Ubering in Simonstown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Simon's Town
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.