We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent...Accommodation

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3 360 posts
130 reviews
Urgent...Accommodation

Can anyone suggest accommodation for the Christmas Festival weekend 7th/8th Dec pls.

We stayed in the Metropole back in June. 2 single rooms preferably but we would consider anything at this stage.

Are taxis readily available if we were to stay in Wadebridge and approx how much from Wadebridge to Padstow ? Ideally we would prefer to be be in Padstow.

Thank you

8 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12 400 posts
217 reviews
1. Re: Urgent...Accommodation

Have a look at a website like booking.com to check availability then contact the hotel directly to make your reservation.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3 360 posts
130 reviews
2. Re: Urgent...Accommodation

Hi,

I have done all of that. Just hitting a wall now..

Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
3 340 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Urgent...Accommodation

padstowchristmasfestival.co.uk/getting-to-th…

Accommodation links on the web-site + TIC. Lists of taxi services. There are buses between Wadebridge & Padstow which match the Festival hours eg last bus 19:28.

As you know TA isn't an accommodation finding service, I don't understand why you think anyone here would be aware of such specific vacancies, especially as single rooms are at a premium.

Travelodge Wadebridge has room at £105. Padstow bus runs from adjacent bus-stop. The associated pub is ghastly.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3 360 posts
130 reviews
4. Re: Urgent...Accommodation

Thank you Penmere,

I was hoping that perhaps someone from Padstow may know of a hidden gem that may not necessarily be on the booking sites.

A bit like my area, I know of many guesthouses that would not be on booking sites but if someone was looking for accommodation i would be happy to pass on contact details.

5. Re: Urgent...Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 October 2018, 20:06

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2 713 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: Urgent...Accommodation

John are you connected with this property?it is unusual to make a first forum post to promote a vacancy

High Wycombe...
Level Contributor
33 posts
50 reviews
7. Re: Urgent...Accommodation

The Tourist Information Office are definitely worth contacting as they'll know properties that have single rooms. There is a bus 11A (think someone has already mentioned this) that goes from Padstow to Wadebridge, St. Issey, Bodmin then on to Bodmin Parkway station. You might find something along this route. The buses don't run late though, so you might need a taxi if in the evening (and there are no Ubers in Padstow! so have plenty of money on you).

Edited: 22 October 2018, 17:17
County Meath...
Level Contributor
3 360 posts
130 reviews
8. Re: Urgent...Accommodation

Thank you all for the suggestions. We have tried everywhere and unfortunately nothing has shown up.

Reply to: Urgent...Accommodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Padstow
Recent Conversations