We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Tour - TDP - Southroad Patagonia Extrema

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
138 reviews
Overnight Tour - TDP - Southroad Patagonia Extrema

Hi

I have booked the overnight (staying at Hotel Las Torres) tour of TDP. I was wondering if anyone else has done this tour. I haven't been able to find too many reviews of Southroad.

Just wanted to know what people thought of the experience and any tips, and comments about Southroad from other tourists that have booked with them. They seem pretty good from my recent email contact. We are a long way away from there over here in OZ!

Thx heaps

Cheers

29 replies to this topic
China
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Overnight Tour - TDP - Southroad Patagonia Extrema

Hi,

Yes, I am also thinking of going to TDP for a night this December, but most of the tour is just a full day tour. Apart from Southroad, any other choices of tour companies?

Thanks.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
2. Re: Overnight Tour - TDP - Southroad Patagonia Extrema

I can't even seem to find the link for Southroad - do you guys have it? How was the overnight tour?

California
Level Contributor
3 520 posts
156 reviews
3. Re: Overnight Tour - TDP - Southroad Patagonia Extrema

Hello, Jenn. I can't find many people writing about Southroad on the TA forum, but this appears to be their website. It looks like they're called Patagonia Extrema, with Southroad in the website name.

www.southroad.com.ar/ingles/lugares_paine.php

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
4. Re: Overnight Tour - TDP - Southroad Patagonia Extrema

Awesome thank you for the info. I am heading to do Patagonia for too short of a time in April:( and want to fit in TDP from Calafate even though I know I only have a day or two and it will be rushed. I don't know when I am going to back in the area so I would rather see some of it than none at all - any experience yourself with Southold or day trips to TDP?

-Jenn

California
Level Contributor
3 520 posts
156 reviews
5. Re: Overnight Tour - TDP - Southroad Patagonia Extrema

Hi again, Jenn. I found this review of a Southroad day trip to TDP way back in 2011. We did not use them personally or take a day trip to TDP from El Calafate. Here's the link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g670171-i12474-k43…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
138 reviews
6. Re: Overnight Tour - TDP - Southroad Patagonia Extrema

Hi Everyone just a really quick post as I have limited internet. If you email ticiana@southroad.com.ar she should be able to help. We did the full day tour picked up from our hostel at 7.00am (myself, hubby and 23yo and 19yo kids) Did a fantastic full day tour of all the main sites in TDP and they were absolutely fantastic. Lunch included. Great guides comfortable bus and helped through customs into Chile. At the end of the tour a shuttle was waiting for us to take us to Hotel Las Torres which Ticiana organised. We booked a quad room which worked out cheaper because you pay per person in the refugios. It also included breakfast. We left to do the trek st 6.40am as we wanted to relax at the base of the Towers. It took us about 7 hrs with breaks. We didn't want to rush but had to be back for the return shuttle. If you have limited time then this is the way to go. I cannot speak more highly of the service from everyone at Southroad Patagonia Extrema. Everthing ran like clockwork and I have no hesitation in recommending. We were told by the lovely locals we were staying with that they are one of the oldest original companies operating in El Calafate. Do this trip it is really beautiful and special.

Cheers

Sue

California
Level Contributor
3 520 posts
156 reviews
7. Re: Overnight Tour - TDP - Southroad Patagonia Extrema

Thanks a lot for writing, Susan! This is really useful information for a lot of people.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
138 reviews
8. Re: Overnight Tour - TDP - Southroad Patagonia Extrema

Hi Elizabeth here is the link to give you an idea of what we did.

southroad.com.ar/ingles/lugares_paine_2.php

Cheers

Sue

California
Level Contributor
3 520 posts
156 reviews
9. Re: Overnight Tour - TDP - Southroad Patagonia Extrema

Thanks again, Sue! You even give price info, which really helps.

Fremont
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
10. Re: Overnight Tour - TDP - Southroad Patagonia Extrema

Does anyone know if Southroad patagonia Extrema does one way transfers from TDP to El Calafate?

Reply to: Overnight Tour - TDP - Southroad Patagonia Extrema
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Calafate