We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tight schedule to visit Perito Moreno Glacier

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Tight schedule to visit Perito Moreno Glacier

My flight arrive El Calafate at 7:55AM on Nov 9th. I'm thinking to visit Perito Moreno Glacier by bus or join a tour then take bus to El Chalten on the same day. Is it do-able? Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
3 628 posts
156 reviews
1. Re: Tight schedule to visit Perito Moreno Glacier

Hello. I just checked the Plataforma10 website and see that there is a 08:30 TAQSA bus from El Calafate to the Perito Moreno boardwalks on November 9 with an arrival at about 10:00, with a return from the boardwalks at 14:30 for an arrival back in El Calafate at about 16:00. I then see a Chalten Travel bus leaving El Calafate for El Chalten at 18:00.

Since you would miss the 08:30 bus to the glacier boardwalks, you could try to get a taxi like Remis Condor to take you to the boardwalks and use TAQSA for the ride back.

www.remiscondorcalafate.com.ar/tarifas_en.php

You can also use Las Lengas for a direct transfer from the El Calafate airport to El Chalten. When you finish hiking in El Chalten, you can then take a bus back to El Calafate and, hopefully, have a full day to explore the Perito Moreno glacier before you leave El Calafate.

https:/…

Good luck.

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Tight schedule to visit Perito Moreno Glacier

Hi CaliforniaElizabeth, thank you so much. I just checked Plataforma10, seems they also have bus to El Chalten at 7pm (Marga). Ideally I can find a bus (tour) to Perito Moreno glacier leaving at 9am and back by 6pm. Taxi is way too expensive (3800ars) hope I don't have to use it .

California
Level Contributor
3 628 posts
156 reviews
3. Re: Tight schedule to visit Perito Moreno Glacier

Hi again. I see that Patagonia Chic is offering a tour that leaves El Calafate at 09:00, but I'm just not sure if you can reach downtown El Calafate by that time. You have to allow time to get off the plane, get your luggage, and take a taxi to the place in El Calafate that would pick you up for the day trip to the glacier. Maybe you can contact Patagonia Chic through the link below and see if they can help you? Good luck.

California
Level Contributor
3 628 posts
156 reviews
4. Re: Tight schedule to visit Perito Moreno Glacier

I also see a direct Las Lengas transfer from downtown El Calafate to your hotel/hostel in El Chalten available at 18:30. Using this option, you would not need to take a taxi back to the bus station.

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Tight schedule to visit Perito Moreno Glacier

CaliforniaElizabeth, you are so helpful! I'll contact with them and sort it out. Thanks!

Reply to: Tight schedule to visit Perito Moreno Glacier
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Calafate