We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP: El Calafate trip itinerary

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
HELP: El Calafate trip itinerary

My husband and I will arrive to El Calafate May 2nd at noon and leaving May 6th in the morning, so we have like three and a half days to spend there. We want to do mini trekking in Perito Moreno, so that would be one day less. My question is: what would you choose to do on the other days? Im open to suggestions since in what Ive searched theres so many options that I really have no idea. Thanks for your help!

2 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1. Re: HELP: El Calafate trip itinerary

Here is my suggestions (I didn't check that everything is available on these days; this would just be my ideal order of events).

May 2: Down time in Calafate. You can check out the El Calafate Historical Interpretation Center. Laguna Nimez Bird Preserve and/or the Glaciurium. Someone might have another suggestion for you, but we didn't do any half day trips.

May 3: Mini trek

May 4: Petrified Forest Tour with pick up in Calafate and drop off in Chalten.

May 5: Hike in Chalten

May 6: Hike in Chalten and return to Calafate in the afternoon/evening if possible. This depends on when you depart and the bus schedule.

If you are less interested in hiking, I would look into other tours that Moressi Viajes does in Calafate, or look into boat tours or other water options.

Edited: 12 April 2018, 21:53
Level Contributor
17 posts
2. Re: HELP: El Calafate trip itinerary

El Calafate and El Chalten were really lovely places to visit. Here are our notes from our trip: …gabrielverdeta.com/search/…20Calafate

Reply to: HELP: El Calafate trip itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted