We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transport

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Airport transport

Hi my daughter and i are arriving into el calafate airport evening time in may.We are staying at Kosten Aike hotel on Gdor Moyano 1243. What is the best way to get here? Are the taxis ok to get from the airport or should i prebook a driver and how much can i expect to pay? Many thanks for any information!

6 replies to this topic
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3 025 posts
142 reviews
1. Re: Airport transport

I lived in Calafate last year and from my point of view the best way to get to your hostel is by taking a kind of transfer called VES Patagonia. You should make the reservation in advanced to make sure your availability.

Another option is to take remises, which are like taxis, though I think these could cost higher.

Here I leave you the website: https://www.vespatagonia.com.ar/

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Airport transport

Thankyou for the information. Do you know how much this will cost with VES? Is it a shuttle bus? Is it a regular service? Also, are there taxis at the airport? Thanks

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3 025 posts
142 reviews
3. Re: Airport transport

It is a shuttle bus, yes. Last year it costed 240 ARS round way per person. You should book your arrival to know the price. Then, as I mentioned before, there are no taxis but remises with fixed prices.

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
418 posts
283 reviews
4. Re: Airport transport

Hi guys. I need to book a driver from FTE to and from the city. Can anyone give me an email address or WhatsApp number of a local guy who wants to taxi me into the city and back?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3 025 posts
142 reviews
5. Re: Airport transport

Transfer Apto – Ciudad $ 540-

www.remiscondorcalafate.com.ar/tarifas.php

There I give you a link of a taxi driver, though actually they're called remis.

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
418 posts
283 reviews
6. Re: Airport transport

Gracias Nicolas. ARS1040 round trip is about $52 and out of my budget.

If there is nobody available there to do a transfer at a reasonable price I suppose that will have to take the shuttle!

Reply to: Airport transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Calafate