We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from El Calafate to Perito Moreno after 1pm

Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
transport from El Calafate to Perito Moreno after 1pm

Hello,

My wife and I will be arriving to El Calafate by bus from Puerto Natales on December 8, 2018. Our approximate arrival time is 1pm. We want to go to the Glacier immediately. I saw that there will be bus departing at 1pm but nothing later on Plataforma 10. 1pm departure will be too late for us. Do we have any other option to reach the Glacier without costing an arm and leg?

4 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
3 338 posts
156 reviews
1. Re: transport from El Calafate to Perito Moreno after 1pm

Hello. Right now I see the price for Remis Condor going to the Perito Moreno glacier as 2270 Argentine pesos (about $130 U.S. at today’s exchange rate through www.xe.com. I can’t tell if this is just the one-way cost, so you can contact them through the link below to see what the roundtrip would cost you. You can also contact your El Calafate hotel/hostel to see if they can find you a better price for the trip to the glacier (then, you can take a later bus back from the glacier boardwalks).

www.remiscondorcalafate.com.ar/tarifas_en.php

You could also contact Southroad/Patagonia Extrema to see if they can offer you an afternoon ride to the glacier:

www.southroad.com.ar/ingles/lugares.php

You can also see if Todocalafate can offer you a reasonably priced private transfer to the glacier:

https:/…en

If you find a reasonably priced transfer, could you please write back since several people have asked about this? Thanks a lot. Good luck.

California
Level Contributor
3 338 posts
156 reviews
2. Re: transport from El Calafate to Perito Moreno after 1pm

Hello again. You can also contact car rental companies in El Calafate like Dubrovnik to see if they can offer you a rental car to drive yourself to the glacier that afternoon. Most car rentals in El Calafate are manual transmission only.

http://www.rentacardubrovnik.com/

Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: transport from El Calafate to Perito Moreno after 1pm

Thank you Elizabeth!

Malibu, California
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: transport from El Calafate to Perito Moreno after 1pm

I would stay away from Dubrovnik car rental. They have many bad reviews and are very heavy handed.

We reserved a car in El Calafate when we looked at the tires they were nearly bald. I refused the car, they

had no replacement. It was like dealing with the russian mob. Im still fighting with the credit card company.

go to Budget.

Reply to: transport from El Calafate to Perito Moreno after 1pm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Calafate