We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses/shutles from FTE (El Calafate airport) to El Chalten

Ra'anana, Israel
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Buses/shutles from FTE (El Calafate airport) to El Chalten

Hello

I've read numerous posts & still can't get truthful info about times/costs of busses from the Airport to El Chalten.

I'm looking for a bus for a 3:55PM arrival on Sunday, November 27th....

Do I need to book the tickets in advance??

Any help with times/costs will be appreciated...

13 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
3 533 posts
156 reviews
1. Re: Buses/shutles from FTE (El Calafate airport) to El Chalten

Hello. I just did a search on the Plataforma10 Argentina bus website and see a 13:00 CalTur bus and a 13:00 Chalten Travel bus on November 27 that leave the El Calafate bus station and arrive at El Chalten about 3 or 3 ½ hours later. There are also earlier buses that day at 07:30 (TAQSA) and at 08:00 (CalTur and Chalten Travel). These buses cost 600 Argentine pesos one-way. You would need to take a taxi (or possibly the Ves airport shuttle) from the airport to the El Calafate bus station. According to everything that I have read, no buses go directly from the El Calafate airport to El Chalten.

http://www.plataforma10.com.ar/pasajes-micro

http://www.vespatagonia.com.ar/transfers

You can also contact Las Lengas for the price and schedule of their direct transfers from the airport to El Chalten. Contact them at laslengaselchalten@yahoo.com.ar.

Good luck.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3 029 posts
142 reviews
2. Re: Buses/shutles from FTE (El Calafate airport) to El Chalten

November is high Season. If I were you I'd book in advanced.

Las Lengas Transfer goes from Calafate Airport to El Chaltén. transportelaslengas.com/es/transfers/13-serv…

California
Level Contributor
3 533 posts
156 reviews
3. Re: Buses/shutles from FTE (El Calafate airport) to El Chalten

If your plane arrives at the El Calafate airport at 3:55 P.M., the next bus that leaves from downtown El Calafate is the 4:30 P.M. TAQSA bus, followed by the 6 P.M. buses offered by CalTur and Chalten Travel.

Kansas City...
6 posts
4. Re: Buses/shutles from FTE (El Calafate airport) to El Chalten

Does anyone have any advise if we take the 8am bus from El Chalten to El Calafate, then taxi to the airport for a 1:05pm flight. Will this be enough time? If everything goes well we "should" be to the airport by 11:30-11:45 assuming the bus is on time and there is taxi ready at the bus stop. We will not be checking bags.

Edited: 21 September 2017, 18:15
California
Level Contributor
3 533 posts
156 reviews
5. Re: Buses/shutles from FTE (El Calafate airport) to El Chalten

Hello, Jenny L. Why don’t you contact Las Lengas to see if they can provide you with an early transfer from your hotel/hostel in El Chalten right to the airport?

transportelaslengas.com/en/…

Good luck.

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
6. Re: Buses/shutles from FTE (El Calafate airport) to El Chalten

Hello. Myself and two friends are making this trip in November also. We arrive at 7pm from Buenos Aires at the El Calafate airport. Is it possible that there is an evening bus we could catch to get to El Chalten? Does anyone know how much it costs to organize a remis/taxi from the airport to El Chalten? From experience traveling elsewhere in South America it seems that there are usually companies that would be happy to arrange such a trip. Car rental is expensive but that is another option. We would very much prefer to head directly to El Chalten and make the most of the days we have for trekking.

Oliver

California
Level Contributor
3 533 posts
156 reviews
7. Re: Buses/shutles from FTE (El Calafate airport) to El Chalten

Hello, Oliver. Why don’t you contact Las Lengas for a direct transfer from the El Calafate airport to El Chalten? I just checked the Plataforma10 Argentina bus website for a few days in November and can’t see a bus that leaves El Calafate for El Chalten after 18:00.

transportelaslengas.com/en/…

If that doesn’t work out for you, you can contact Zona Austral and Remis Condor through the links below:

https:/…

www.remiscondorcalafate.com.ar/tarifas_en.php

Good luck.

Kansas City...
6 posts
8. Re: Buses/shutles from FTE (El Calafate airport) to El Chalten

Both my husband and I have contacted Las Lengas (and other companies) several times, but never get any responses. I have hotels booked in both El Chakten and El Calafate until the bus schedule is released. Then we will cancel the hotel we don't need.

Edited: 22 October 2017, 15:37
California
Level Contributor
3 533 posts
156 reviews
9. Re: Buses/shutles from FTE (El Calafate airport) to El Chalten

Jenny, I'm sorry that Las Lengas has not answered your replies. When we were in El Chalten last December, our hotel hosts contacted Las Lengas and got us reservations for the transfer that we wanted. Maybe your El Chalten hosts will help you, too.

I never heard about this private transfer company until recently, but you can also try to contact them. This private transfer may cost more than Las Lengas.

interhabit.com/el_calafate/transportation_el…

You can also check the latest bus schedules between El Chalten and El Calafate by searching this Plataforma10 Argentina bus website. They usually show bus schedules about 30-45 days in advance. Chalten Travel sometimes has a bus leaving El Chalten at 07:30.

https://www.plataforma10.com.ar/pasajes-micro

Good luck.

Edited: 22 October 2017, 18:34
Kansas City...
6 posts
10. Re: Buses/shutles from FTE (El Calafate airport) to El Chalten

Thanks. One other thing I forgot to mention is our flight is Boxing Day. I think the buses still run regular schedule, but the holidays could add additional adventure to our trip 😊 But at least I know I have hotels in both locations so should be covered either way the bus schedule ends up.

Reply to: Buses/shutles from FTE (El Calafate airport) to El Chalten
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Calafate