We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days bariloche car or bus/ where to stay

2 posts
2 reviews
7 days bariloche car or bus/ where to stay

Hi, we will be in Bariloche for 8 nights in January. Do we need a car or will public transit suffice. Also is it worth staying a few different places in the area (like Villa Agnostura)? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
Greater London...
Level Contributor
35 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: 7 days bariloche car or bus/ where to stay

We spent a week in Bariloche last year. During this time we took a short trip down to El Bolsón for a couple of nights – it was beautiful, I would highly recommend it!

It does depend on what you're interested in doing. El Bolsón is great for getting outdoors and hiking. One really good trail is a day hike to Cerro Piltriquitrón. I wrote some information about this here: https:/…

We took the bus to El Bolsón. We also found that the buses around Bariloche were easily sufficient for getting around to the sites of interest and hiking trails. Again, though, it depends on what you're planning to do on your trip.

Good luck, hope you have a great trip!

2 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: 7 days bariloche car or bus/ where to stay

Thanks so much for your input. It helps get a sense of the place. I would rather not drive and that sounds doable.

Reply to: 7 days bariloche car or bus/ where to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche