We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tren Patagónico to/from Bariloche - any recent experience?

Prague
Level Contributor
293 posts
181 reviews
Tren Patagónico to/from Bariloche - any recent experience?

Are there any recent experience connected with the train trip to or from Bariloche? We would like to visit both San Carlos se Bariloche and Puerto Madryn and this transport option looks appealing. But information on train webpages are limited and do not give much of the idea about the trip and trains´ different classes, not to mention the rates. If you can add more or maybe recommend a travel agency which would sell these tickets online, it would be helpful.

3 replies to this topic
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1 955 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Tren Patagónico to/from Bariloche - any recent experience?

I travelled from Bariloche to Viedma (but that was September 2016.)

Book early. I booked with the Rio Negro tourist office in BA. They were extremely helpful. Couchettes were full from Viedma. So I had to travel in reverse.

A two-berth cabin was about 1800 Pesos. Dinner was 400 Pesos. Very busy train journey with lots of interesting stops throughout the evening.

Well worth it.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2 966 posts
142 reviews
2. Re: Tren Patagónico to/from Bariloche - any recent experience?

This is the most useful website people use when looking for tickets: sateliteferroviario.com.ar/horarios/bariloch…

As for reviews, unfortunately noy many people wrote about it: https://www.tripadvisor.com.ar/Attraction_Re…

You may think that Argentinean trains are not so popular as the ones in your country...

Prague
Level Contributor
293 posts
181 reviews
3. Re: Tren Patagónico to/from Bariloche - any recent experience?

Thanks a lot for that I will give it a try and hopefully make my report here later:-)

Reply to: Tren Patagónico to/from Bariloche - any recent experience?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted