We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

I am travelling to Cape Town for work in July and will be extending my trip for some leisure travel around the country of South Africa. I would like to leave behind my business luggage and only take a backpack during my leisure travel. Can anyone recommend a service for baggage storage (hopefully at the airport) and offer an estimate of cost per bag/per day?

20 replies to this topic
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
11. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

Good catch.

Perth, Australia
3 posts
12. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

No I am not I made a mistake it should be at Tambo. I was just trying to help. Sorry but I am definitely not advertising. In fact I have used this service once. People make mistakes don't always jump to incorrect conclusions. No need to apologise

Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
13. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

Thank you so much for this useful information on luggage storage at Cape Town airport.

I live in Cape Town and will need to deposit a large parcel 2 days before my flight out in April (it won't fit in the taxi the day I leave for the airport).

Thanks Gerald both for the useful information and for your scrutiny of other posts, I wish there were more "internet truth activists" around! :-)

I will call A-Teck and report back on the service.

Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
14. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

Hi,

thanks again for the useful info - I called A-Teck and can confirm they still operate on ground level of Parkade 2 (same details and contact given by Gerald in comment above: +27 (0) 72 384 2954) they quoted me Rand 90 per day per bag on the phone.

1 post
15. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

From thegsa.co.za/airport-info/1913-cape-town-int…

Baggage Storage

A-Teck not only offers bag wrapping services but also manages a Baggage Storage Facility. For rates, visit their offices located on the ground floor of Parkade 2 or contact them directly on +27 (0)72 384 2954.​​

I've contacted them via WhatsApp, got a reply in 5 minutes:

Current rates (10 Sept. 2017): R90.00 per suitcase, per day.

Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
16. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

Just wondering what you figured out to store your luggage? We are leaving at 11:30 p.m. from Cape Town but have to check out of our accommodation at 10:00 a.m. Sure dont want to drag the luggage around all day....thoughts?

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
382 posts
28 reviews
17. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

You could ask your lodging to keep the baggage for you to collect later that evening. Atek will store the bags but not until late in the evening.

I had to leave the bags overnight as I was told that there was no later shift to man the counter after 6 or 6.30pm.

Of course we had arrived , not departing.

@Jackiekool....

Edited: 02 January 2018, 22:45
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
18. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

I was worried that some of the info above was outdated however I am pleased to confirm that A-Teck facility is still there in Parkade 2 Ground floor.

UAE
Level Contributor
566 posts
40 reviews
19. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

We used A-Teck at Johannesburg airport last month. They were excellent. Friendly and efficient. Cost is R90 a day per bag, same price at Cape Town airport.

Their website says opening hours are 6 am to 10 pm.

Edited: 12 March 2018, 09:24
2 posts
20. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

Hi There, there is luggage storage lockers called BAG DROP at Shop 3, The Square, 50 Buitenkant Street. They cater for all sorts of bag sizes/shapes and are close to the waterfront. You get to put your bags in an individual locker, that you can set a 4 digit code for.

Leave your bags & explore the city.

w w w . bagdrop . c o. z a

Reply to: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central