We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

I am travelling to Cape Town for work in July and will be extending my trip for some leisure travel around the country of South Africa. I would like to leave behind my business luggage and only take a backpack during my leisure travel. Can anyone recommend a service for baggage storage (hopefully at the airport) and offer an estimate of cost per bag/per day?

20 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
7 037 posts
276 reviews
1. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

CPT Baggage Storage

The left-luggage facility, in the Domestic Arrivals terminal, charges R15 per bag a day, irrespective of the size of the item.

Tel: +27 (0)21 936 2884

Moda Exotica, in International Departures, charges R20 per item per day, regardless of the size of the bag.

Tel: +27 (0)21 936 2494

Fax: +27 (0)21 936 2864

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

Thank you so much!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2 904 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

On Sunday I posted in another thread:

Found this on the ACSA Cape Town webpage:

"A-Teck not only offers bag wrapping services but also manages a Baggage Storage Facility. For rates, visit their offices located on the ground floor of Parkade 2 or contact them directly on +27 (0) 72 384 2954.​​"

I called them now and they are still in operation. 04:30 to 22:00 (all 7 days). Opposite police station, which is Parkade 2 (the left side one as you exit the terminal building on the way to car hire offices and the MyCiti bus station).

I am now surprised to hear that there are 3 such places!!??

Edited: 01 March 2016, 18:54
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2 904 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

ctm7944, your post is a copy from this thread of 8 years ago: https://www.tripadvisor.co.za/ShowTopic-g312… . Can you vouch for validity today?

Edited: 01 March 2016, 18:58
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3 278 posts
81 reviews
5. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

I have taken clients there before of where they have stores their luggage, at the place that Gerald D is mentioning now and they are quite good. I am not sure about the other places mentioned in the other post.

All the best

Hank Daries - Owner - Ulungele Tours & Safari's

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2 904 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

The other places were advertised in 2008 - before the airport was rebuilt for the World Cup. I reckon they are now consigned to history, but some old websites remain.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

Thank you so much for your thorough, informative, and up-to-date information, Gerald. This makes the planning process so much easier. I greatly appreciate the effort you put into gathering this information.

Perth, Australia
3 posts
8. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

Hi All

I have just returned from South Africa and used a local business called "Tour with Ease Pty Ltd" to store 2 surfboards and a hard suitcase. I am from Australia and was concerned about the whole luggage thing. Alex from Tour with Ease arranged everything via email, waited for our arrival(we were delayed in immigration for 2 hours) it was fantastic to see a smiling face after immigration. Alex provided a very professional and hassle free service. It was so easy I couldn't rate him high enough.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
9. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

When I traveled this summer I ended up using A-Tek, which is located just outside the main airport building. The pricing was reasonable, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the process was simple. I left my luggage for 7 days and had no issues.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2 904 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?

Damien is advertising . . . . . he made same post at two different airports.

Reply to: Baggage Storage at CPT Cape Town Airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central