We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe to Wear Brand Name Shoes

4 posts
Save Topic
Safe to Wear Brand Name Shoes

Is it safe to wear brand name shoes? I have the most comfortable donna Karen shoes that fit my orthotics inside of them, but there's a large DKNY Donna Karen logo on the back. Should I completely forgo bringing or wearing logo branded items while there?

28 replies to this topic
1. Re: Safe to Wear Brand Name Shoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 February 2018, 06:00

geneva
Level Contributor
1 275 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe to Wear Brand Name Shoes

Candice, I sent you a private message.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2 949 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe to Wear Brand Name Shoes

I suppose if you don't ask the question you'll never know the answer ☺

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
6 219 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe to Wear Brand Name Shoes

I suppose, Auntie.

DKNY shoes are special somehow?

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe to Wear Brand Name Shoes

Nope they're comfortable, though but they're upwards of $100.00 or 1200 rand. If they're not popular there then I feel much better about taking them. Thank you!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2 807 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe to Wear Brand Name Shoes

Branded, high-end sneakers, sweaters, hoodies etc. are targets. Apparently the stabbing victim on Kalk Bay mountain a week ago only had his shoes taken.

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3 843 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe to Wear Brand Name Shoes

If they have a "large logo" most people will think they are Fong Kong! (which means fake).

LOL

Have a look at the brands represented in SA. All with name and a heavy price tag are here, worn and used. How would the shops otherwise exist?

We have crime in SA, but it hardly is a war zone, and NO, lions do NOT HUNT on the airport runway (except the bush landing strips).

Klaus

-Hazyview

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 932 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe to Wear Brand Name Shoes

I sometimes find it a shame that people get some dismissive answers on these forums. Whilst we are all used to going to Cape Town etc. Tourists are often fed negative images etc about SA. Surely it's our job as a forum to answer people sincerely and reassure them, not mock them for questions.

Either way I'd say you'd be perfectly fine walking round with your shoes on :) go for it!

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3 843 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safe to Wear Brand Name Shoes

There are questions and questions.

If you can read between the lines, you would understand my humour about stereotypes and wrong information that is handed out way to often! And that's not because I am German!

Now here comes a general comment (not addressed at the OP)

The job as a forum is for sure giving relevant advise. The job of the one seeking advise should also be to first make use of uncle google for example (which in this case would not apply).

So, just smile about the lions on the run way (which btw was a real question I got some time ago about planes being delayed, together with the question if we have water toilets in "Africa").

Klaus

-Hazyview-

Edited: 07 February 2018, 18:22
Mentioned in this post
The Africa Cafe' Restaurant
The Africa Cafe...
874 Reviews
Cape Town Central, South Africa
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply