We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilderness - worth going?

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
21 reviews
Wilderness - worth going?

We r in Ct for 3 weeks then Wine lands for 1 week and we were planning on taking the Baz bus to wilderness.

Is it worth 6.5 hours there and 6.5 hours back for 3 nights in Wilderness? ?

Any input appreciated

7 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 177 posts
1 review
1. Re: Wilderness - worth going?

I would say so.

It is a fantastic part of the country

dorset
Level Contributor
15 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: Wilderness - worth going?

Depends what you want. Beautiful beach but not much else as far as I’m aware. Wouldn’t drive 6.5 hours myself.

midlands
Level Contributor
3 posts
265 reviews
3. Re: Wilderness - worth going?

Hi we had 2 nights in the wilderness.lovely little area with loads of restaurants and bars.Beach was fab and deserted.We stayed at the Wilderness Hotel and could walk everywhere.Felt very safe here.Restaurants were excellent value with quality food.Just got b ack so not had time to post yet.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
80 posts
4. Re: Wilderness - worth going?

Look up the Sanparks website for their camps there

www. Sanparks.org . then look under Garden route National Park and then Wilderness Very reasonable accommodation. Great views and super walks . stay at the Ebb and flow rest camp and you have a great choice of accommodations . the Village is a short walk away along a wooden walkway and there are plenty of places to eat plus a little supermarket . You can self cater if you wish to No tour guide is necessary Just ask at reception for a map . Plenty to do Bird watching Hiking canoeing . and of course the fantastic beach where the water is warm all the year .

Of course its worth it and I am busy planning a few days there later this year

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Wilderness - worth going?

Thanks so much for the replies, I think we just going to go for it and see what it has to offer, why not!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1 229 posts
76 reviews
6. Re: Wilderness - worth going?

I second ballechin2018 - it's lovely there and there is a LOT to do.

George, South Africa
Level Contributor
76 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Wilderness - worth going?

Wilderness is a lovely place to stay with a beautiful beach, numerous hiking trails in the area, and there are some adventure sport operators who will offer activities like kayaking, kloofing or abseiling in the area.

Wilderness is also a great place to use as a base camp if you want to explore a bit more by taking day trips to places like Oudtshoorn or Knysna.

Reply to: Wilderness - worth going?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central