We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help

Morristown, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Itinerary help

I'm traveling with my family of 5 to SA, flying in to Jo'burg in early July. Is this enough time to go on safari? We are not planning on going to Cape Town. I'm concerned that I we might be too late to pull this off since it's now January. Thoughts and suggestions?

Cape Xtreme
Private Tours, Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Cultural Tours
Springbok Atlas Tours & Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Safaris, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
18 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help

Your question is not very clear but if you meant to ask if July is the best time to go on safari I would say yes. Being winter in South Africa means less green cover and more visibility for game. If you are worried about managing to plan for a Cape Town holiday, you don't need to worry as you can still get a lot of good deals on accommodation. But Cape Town is not premium game area. Head straight to Kruger for the best safari- have had a lot of stories about this reserve, yet to visit it though.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2 627 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help

You posted your question on the Cape Town-specific forum page, so I hope posters with input on your non-Cape Town questions will see it:-).

July is school holidays, which means accommodation in Kruger itself will be limited. However I suspect you are thinking of one of the adjacent private reserves which will be unaffected by locals travelling (1 - can't afford them; 2 - they're not the way South Africans do our game reserves). See https://www.tripadvisor.co.za/ShowTopic-g293… for the difference.

Reply to: Itinerary help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central