We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with hand soap brand?

NYC
Level Contributor
1 655 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help with hand soap brand?

Silly question: There was a lovely liquid hand wash in nearly all of the restaurant and winery restrooms I visited in Cape Town and Stellenbosch. The bottle is dark brown/amber and the brand name is in script. I can't for the life of me remember the name (or figure out why I didn't take a picture of the bottle since I liked the scent so much!). Any guesses as to what it might be? I'd love to order some if it's available here in the States.

TIA!

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Stellenbosch
Stellenbosch
11 replies to this topic
NYC
Level Contributor
1 655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with hand soap brand?

Isn't anybody washing their hands...?! ;)

Greater Manchester
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with hand soap brand?

I know how frustrating it can be when you want to purchase something you've loved. Maybe email one of the restaurants or wineries and ask them?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with hand soap brand?

We use Afriearth products. They are based in Cape Town and the bottle matches your description. See the link below. Could this be it?

Annette | Owner | Nkanyi House

www.hospitalitybrand.co.za/afriearth.htm

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 457 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with hand soap brand?

I have a feeling - well, to be truthful, a more of a shot in the dark than anything else - that the washrooms had a rooibos based handwash such as the ones sold to restaurants and hotels on this website karoolavender.co.za/listings/rooibos_gifts

Although rooibos tea is readily available in supermarkets here in the UK, rooibos based body products are not that common and we normally buy our rooibos based body products from Red Cedar in Wupperthal http://www.redcedar.co.za/products.aspx

I have no idea as to how easy it is get rooibos based body products in the US, but a quick search on Google brought up this site https://www.inheritanceskincare.com/about-us

Of course, all of this info is only relevant if I am right about what the restaurants and hotels that you have been to use in their washrooms.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 457 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with hand soap brand?

Or, of course, it could be a Afriearth product ........

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
4 838 posts
616 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with hand soap brand?

I would say Afriearth or Pure, but more likely to be Afriearth

NYC
Level Contributor
1 655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with hand soap brand?

Thanks, all! I believe it is AfriEarth...which (of course) is not available for retail purchase here in the States. Guess I'll have to come back soon! :)

san francisco
Level Contributor
811 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with hand soap brand?

Could it be Africology ? I have quite a few of their products and love them. Try googling it and see if it’s that.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5 782 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with hand soap brand?

Sorry. Off topic.

giantgrl - you’re back! You didn’t tell us about your trip! I know there were some last minute hiccups but I’ve been wondering how it went.

san francisco
Level Contributor
811 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with hand soap brand?

Cbir !! Hello it was fabulous!! Absolutely loved Cape Town 3 Days wasn’t enough , Cape Cadogan was a great hotel and I loved the location. Did the Hop on hop off bus, the new museum- great , private tour of Chapman’s peak drive and of course the penguins at Simons town. Cheetah Plains was great , very rustic and lovely staff. I was upgraded to the private villa at Tinga Lodge which I loved I really liked that part of Kruger we even went into the public part of Kruger as we had a hard time finding male lions this trip but I had epic sightings I just need to see a Cheetah and my life will be complete!! Yes I’m going back again I’m officially addicted to Africa now just like you said 😀

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Cape Cadogan
Cape Cadogan
759 Reviews
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Simon's Town
Simon's Town
Cape Town, South Africa
Cheetah Plains