We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HoHo Busses

Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
HoHo Busses

Hello,

I'm considering to buy a Classic Hop on & Hop Off ticket.

My question is; can I visit Kirstenbosch and Constantia on one day? These both seem to be two different colored routes.

Can I for example go first to Kirstenbosch and from there to Constantia or do I need to go back to Cape Town and from there to Constantia?

5 replies to this topic
Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
382 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: HoHo Busses

Hi and you will be OK with doing the Kirstenbosch Gardens and Constantia Wine Routes together. You need to connect with the Blue Route also known as Peninsula Route Bus when you board.This bus will stop at Kirstenbosch Gardens and you can spend a few hours there. When you are out of the gate hop on to the next bus and this bus has the next stop on it's schedule at the Constantia Wine lands. When you arrive at the Wine Route you will alight from the bus and connect with another bus that is only assigned to the Wine Route or Purple Route.

After your tour of the Constantia Wine Lands catch the Purple Route bus again and it will leave you back at the starting point of the Wine Route Tour.You will then resume the Blue Route or Peninsula Route with the bus that will collect you at the Wine Route stop and proceed to Hout Bay, Camps Bay etc.

You will follow other tourists doing the alighting and boarding and there is a steward on the bus if you want help or the driver will also be of help.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: HoHo Busses

When taking the wine bus route do you need reservations with the individual wineries or are you able to stop in and get in line for the next one?

Trying to figure out how much time to allow if I wanted to do 2 wineries on the wine route.

Boston, MA, USA
Level Contributor
843 posts
117 reviews
3. Re: HoHo Busses

we just stopped into the 3wineries on the bus route...you don't need reservations...enjoy🍷🍷🍷

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2 841 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: HoHo Busses

Kirstenbosch and Constantia are basically on the same route and easily done on one day.

"Can I for example go first to Kirstenbosch and from there to Constantia" Yes, that is how it works

Edited: 02 January 2018, 07:48
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2 841 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: HoHo Busses

Take the Mini Peninsula Tour via Kirstenbosch (blue) up to stop 21. From there a smaller bus does the Constantia tour, back to stop 21.It is all on the same ticket.

Reply to: HoHo Busses
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted