We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape to Kruger tour with G Adventures

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cape to Kruger tour with G Adventures

Hi, has anyone done the 'Cape to Kruger Adventure' with G Adventures? We're looking to do this trip in December but cannot find any reviews whatsoever. Not even on the G Adventures website. Alternatively, can anyone recommend another tour to experience the best of South Africa with plenty of animal related sightseeing for 2-3 weeks on a budget? Thank you 😀

Baz Bus - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours
City Sightseeing
City Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Cape Convoy
Shark Diving, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Lucky and Lost Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
5 replies to this topic
The Netherlands
Level Contributor
420 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape to Kruger tour with G Adventures

I have travelled with G Adventures in the past (to Costa Rica). It was amazing, BUT when looking for a SA trip I found them quite expensive. Perhaps look into Nomads or Acacia if budget is a factor.

Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
Level Contributor
2 227 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape to Kruger tour with G Adventures

Hi there,

Like flydrivehike, I have done a G Adventure tour outside of South Africa, in Cuba, which was excellent, yet not in AS.

One word concerning Nomad. On this forum there has been a very long thread a few years ago about the experience with them. Hit or miss, with miss having the upper hand most of the time. Contributors recounted a few excellent and professional guides as well as many unfit and irresponsible ones.

Things change and I have no first hand experience, so you might want to use the search option this forum. Another idea might be to check lonely planet's forum, because most people here are not using small group travel operators, but are rather planning individually or turning to travel agents.

Good luck, anyways, you will enjoy South Africa

Edited: 30 October 2017, 07:41
Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
Level Contributor
2 227 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape to Kruger tour with G Adventures

P.S. you might want to look at www.bazbus.com

Edited: 30 October 2017, 08:49
Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
652 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape to Kruger tour with G Adventures

why don't you plan your own trip and self drive Its the best way to see SA you can always fly direct from CT to Kruger too.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape to Kruger tour with G Adventures

I second the warning about Nomad. They are inexpensive and some people luck into great tours, but ours was pretty awful. Not enough food, expected you to fill up on bread, pap and iceberg lettuce and buy your own at various supermarket stops. But the worst was their advice to trust them and leave valuable stuff overnight in the lockers in a camp with a history of breakins (which of course they did not tell us about).

Reply to: Cape to Kruger tour with G Adventures
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted