We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Africa visa

2 posts
Save Topic
South Africa visa

hello all ,

I have question regarding South Africa visa process for visiting South Africa for tourism purpose for 15 days (short term)

We are indian couple staying paris , France. We have indian passport and French tire sejour

I want to know the procedure for getting tourist visa for South Africa for indian citizens in france

I tried to contact South Africa embassy no sucess so far

I want to go in month of FEB 2018

please if anyone having answer to this question , let me know

Mentioned in this post
8 replies to this topic
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
554 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Africa visa

I assume you would have to apply at the South African embassy in Paris. You have to apply in person. Wherever you apply, though, you need papers which you need to obtain at home - letters of employment from work, official bank statements to prove availability of funds. You also need to have flights and hotels booked for the duration of your intended stay.

Processing time is 2-3 weeks minimum during which time your passports are kept at the embassy.

Save Reply
2. Re: South Africa visa

My son is going to Cape Town University to study abroad and I was shock when he told us in order to get the visa, we needed to show our bank statements. Why do they need to see that and how much are they looking for us to have in the bank? He told us three months' worth. Wow.

Edited: 29 October 2017, 01:52
Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18 121 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Africa visa

Yep, that is right. It is valid also for us. This is listed under Proof of financial means on a document that has title Important Information on Obtaining Visa ...

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
554 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Africa visa

It's laughable the length to which the SA govt is going to prevent certain EU citizens from 'invading' their country.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
810 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Africa visa

Just applied for a Schengen Visa from SA and its the same everywhere . we are pensioners and our bank statement s are empty too We have money invested elsewhere In shares and stuff. so we have more than enough but .. we are just waiting to see what they say ... so its not just a SA thing

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4 429 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South Africa visa

Angie, in what country do you live ?

it is nothing unusual for visitors to have to show 'proof of financial support' in many countries.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
863 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: South Africa visa

Your tire sejour will have no validity for entering South Africa, unlike for example travelling to the UK from France.. I just had a look at the website of the South African Embassy here in Paris and it states to contact them for information on visa resquirements with the very 'strange' adder that they might not be able to help. I do not know if it is convenient for you to go there in person but it seems the best solution for clarification.

Edited: 29 October 2017, 19:41
Mentioned in this post
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: South Africa visa

thanks a lot for all your help

I called at South African embassy in Paris , they told me to visit personally with all the documents 2-3 weeks before travel

thanks

Shweta

Reply to: South Africa visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central