We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pembroke apartment querie

newcastle
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Pembroke apartment querie

Hi - We are a family coming to spend new year in Cape Town - our first visit! We left finding accom a bit late and whilst I currently have the Hilton on hold we would prefer to stay nearer the Waterfront for wandering out in the evening & New Years celebrations.

I've found an apartment available in the Pembroke complex via an agent called Pembroke Waterfront Elegance and I'm keen to proceed but can't find any information or reviews on this company and always check reviews before committing!

Can anyone advise please? Many thanks

23 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Pembroke apartment querie

The same thing happens to my family too. Got stranded last night. I hope this person gets set on fire.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Pembroke apartment querie

This is a scam. We have an apartment Pembroke 403 at the Marina and I have had calls from two guests this week who thought they had booked and paid money to us but this had nothing to do with us. Have just spoken with management at the Marina and they are also aware of the scam with many guests arriving to find there are no such apartments awaiting them on arrival despite having paid out substantial sums of money.

Please be careful to avoid getting caught like this.

newcastle
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Pembroke apartment querie

Thanks. This is so awful for people when they’ve spent so much time & money planning their holiday.

Thankfully my gut instinct told me something wasn’t right and I couldn’t find any reviews to reassure me otherwise so I didn’t risk booking - but it’s hardly surprising that people have been caught out, I’m appalled to see the number of posts on this forum from people who’ve been scammed.

Reply to: Pembroke apartment querie
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted