We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ye Olde Thatch B&B Beaufort West SA

Sandton, South...
Level Contributor
123 posts
18 reviews
7 helpful votes
Ye Olde Thatch B&B Beaufort West SA
Save

We have booked a night at Ye Olde Thatch b&b in Beaufort Wes on our way from Joburg to Cape Town. Wondering if anybody has any comments about the place. It looks quite Bohemian from the internet pics.

Lavern, Spain
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: Ye Olde Thatch B&B Beaufort West SA
Save

We would like to stay there next Saturday. have you stayed there in the meantime and what was it like?

With kind regards,

Carolina Millin

Sandton, South...
Level Contributor
123 posts
18 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Ye Olde Thatch B&B Beaufort West SA
Save

Hi caroloinamilan. My daughter and family stayed there for 1 night . It is bohemian and the decor is different but they said it was clean and right in town. It is also very reasonable so good for family stayovers. The owners were very nice and I think they said they breakfast was good. Hope this gives you some idea. Panda

Port Elizabeth
Level Contributor
6 578 posts
3. Re: Ye Olde Thatch B&B Beaufort West SA
Save

I would rather choose to stay at the Karoo National Park.

Sandton, South...
Level Contributor
123 posts
18 reviews
7 helpful votes
4. Re: Ye Olde Thatch B&B Beaufort West SA
Save

I agreewith Lamlee that the park is a nicer place to stay however it depends on the reason for the stayover. If it is just a sleeping place whilst driving through, then some would not want to turn off the road to go the extra milage to the national park.

Lavern, Spain
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
25 helpful votes
5. Re: Ye Olde Thatch B&B Beaufort West SA
Save

Thank you. Your reply was most helpful. We tried to stay here but it was closed on that particular day. I am no going to stay in B&B at Beaufort West.

I tried the Karoo Gateway, but that was fully booked.

Lavern, Spain
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
25 helpful votes
6. Re: Ye Olde Thatch B&B Beaufort West SA
Save

Thank you for your reply, but it was fully booked.

7. Re: Ye Olde Thatch B&B Beaufort West SA

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Beaufort West
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.