We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days SunCity "Day Visit"

RMV
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
184 posts
36 reviews
58 helpful votes
3 days SunCity "Day Visit"

Hello People, I am visiting Sun City with my wife and 2 kids 11 and 8 YO. We are staying at the Kingdom Resort which is about a 10 min drive from the Suncity Resort Area. We have rented a car. Wanted to understand as a day visitor I can only do the Water Park in a day? What about other listed activities. I can see I can but the Waterpark tickets but other activities we don't need tickets? Also, we will be doing 1 Game Drive at Kruger. Is it still advisable to do 1 at Pilanesberg NP? I am little confused about how do I get into the resort and what all I need to prebook or buy? Your kind help would be highly appreciated!

4 replies to this topic
Greater...
Level Contributor
3 918 posts
1 review
1. Re: 3 days SunCity "Day Visit"

It's easy to get into Sun City resort.

Just turn up at the entrance, choose the correct lane/gate for day visitors, pay the entrance fee, drive in, park in the day visitor parking area, and hop on the "Skytrain" monorail.

Activities can be booked at the various desks in the "Welcome Centre".

It may be worthwhile doing a game drive because the terrain and vegetation is different to Kruger, the Pilanesberg reserve being in an extinct volcanic crater.

Also, you may see Springbok and/or Gemsbok, which you will not see in the Kruger.

Enjoy.

Edited: 26 July 2023, 11:22
RMV
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
184 posts
36 reviews
58 helpful votes
2. Re: 3 days SunCity "Day Visit"

Hello, thanks a lot for your kind suggestion. But as I read on the SC website.. it says no tickets would be sold st the Venue. Also, if I have to visit SC 2 days do I have to buy 2 days of tickets of Valley of Waves? Noted On Pilanesberg. As I have a self drive SUV car,can I drive through the NP on my own?

Greater...
Level Contributor
3 918 posts
1 review
3. Re: 3 days SunCity "Day Visit"

"As I have a self drive SUV car,can I drive through the NP on my own?"

Yes.

RMV
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
184 posts
36 reviews
58 helpful votes
4. Re: 3 days SunCity "Day Visit"

Thank you do much for your inputs.. would be really helpful to know which is a better gate to enter and also it's safe for a normal 4×2 to go in the park.. like tyres and all are safe!

Reply to: 3 days SunCity "Day Visit"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sun City
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.