We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The palace Accomadation

Bibra Lake...
Level Contributor
198 posts
12 reviews
11 helpful votes
The palace Accomadation

Is there anyone who can recommend accommodation and game drive package combination including games of golf at Sun City in September 2023

10 replies to this topic
George, South Africa
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
1. Re: The palace Accomadation

You can reach out to Sun City’s Information Desk via their webpage for special offers at the Palace and to book activities and game drives.

https://www.suninternational.com/palace/specials/

https://www.suninternational.com/sun-city/activities/welcome-centre/

There are many different accommodation offerings at Sun City, so make sure that you choose the hotel that suits your needs best and ask for a newly renovated room. If loadshedding puts the elevators on pause, you might want to book a room at garden level.

RMV
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
184 posts
36 reviews
58 helpful votes
2. Re: The palace Accomadation

Hello,

That information was helpful thanks! But is it necessary to stay in Palace hotel or hotel in Suncity? All seems quote expensive. Can we do it as a day trip from Jo'burg? How is the experience different by staying? Hotels costs as steep as 550$ a night! Is it that worth?

Greater...
Level Contributor
3 918 posts
1 review
3. Re: The palace Accomadation

There are a number of accommodation options at Sun City, so it is not "necessary" to stay at the Palace.

The Palace.

Sun City Hotel.

The Cascades.

The Cabanas.

It is possible to visit Sun city as a day visitor.

It is also possible to visit Pilsnesberg for game drives without staying at Sun City.

Personally, as a local, I find that all the accommodation options are overpriced.

ISun City is not a place I visit out of choice.

RMV
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
184 posts
36 reviews
58 helpful votes
4. Re: The palace Accomadation

So staying in cabanas which is cheapest of all the option, I will still be in the centre of all attractions and entertainment? Will I have to travel a lot to go to each one as compared to Palace Hotel?

Greater...
Level Contributor
3 918 posts
1 review
5. Re: The palace Accomadation

Everything you call "attractions", with the exception of game drives, is within walking distance, from all the hotels, including the "Palace".

In fact, the other hotels are closer to the entertainment centre and the Gary PlayerGolf Course, than the "Palace".

There is a regular shuttle bus between the Palace and other sites.

You can book a game drive at tge Entertainment centre.

The Game drives vehicles depart from and return to the bus stop outside the entertainment centre.

Have a look at the map.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:2f1c898a-d4cb-37ed-895c-778ffddf2f20

https://www.sa-venues.com/maps/northwestprovince/sun-city.php

Edited: 1 year ago
RMV
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
184 posts
36 reviews
58 helpful votes
6. Re: The palace Accomadation

Thank you so much!! That was indeed very useful. But now I am stuck with a new issue. I have to go to Kruger post my Sun city trip and that drive is far. So I was planning to stay somewhere in between Sun City and Kruger so that I can do day trips to Sun City and 1 days to Pilanesberg NP and rest 1 day before heading to Kruger. Do you suggest Pretoria, Jo'Burg or any other place? Thank you again!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 posts
7. Re: The palace Accomadation

What about safety. I have to find out traveling with service dog, I have always wanted to go. But high Anexity, about safety. Help?

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 posts
8. Re: The palace Accomadation

Is it safe for Americans? I have to see if my service dog can come with me. I have always wanted to go, but concerned of safety, high anxiety on that. Help

Greater...
Level Contributor
3 918 posts
1 review
9. Re: The palace Accomadation

#8 Snowies P.

There is no reason to assume that it is particularly unsafe for Americans.

In fact there are many people who visit from many American countries:- Canada, USA, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, etc.

In fact, there is no reason to assume that there is,any difference, safety-wise, for visitors from any nation on earth.

Provided visitors stick to the main tourist areas, and take advice from locals, safety should not be too much of an issue, as millions of visitors have already found out

As far as a service dog is concerned, I am not familiar with the regulations, BUT, I imagine there may be certain restrictions, such as health (of the animal) requirements. Proof of Rabies vaccination (the dog), and possibly a period of quarantine.

You would have to check with the appropriate South African Authorities.

I very much doubt if you would be allowed to take the dog into any national park where there is wildlife.

I found the following:-----

"Regulations and procedures for importing dogs and cats to South Africa cover Microchips, vaccinations, health certificates, blood tests, import permits etc. 

For a pet to be considered a service animal, it needs to be prescribed by a licensed medical professional.

Entry Requirements Complete the following entry requirements to travel to South Africa with your pet: Travelers with pets must apply for a veterinary import permit from South Africa's Director of Animal Health. Contact the office via email at vetpermits@daff.gov.za for more information.

All dogs and cats imported into South Africa must be registered, as manifest cargo and cannot fly as excess baggage. The Directorate Veterinary Services does not have veterinary officials that can check paperwork at the passenger terminal of http://O.R.Tambo (Johannesburg) and Cape Town International Airports."

https://www.petrelocation.com/country/south-africa

Greater...
Level Contributor
3 918 posts
1 review
10. Re: The palace Accomadation

Deleted.

Double post

Edited: 09 August 2023, 08:03
Reply to: The palace Accomadation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sun City
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.