We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from OR Tambo airport to Suncity

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
Getting from OR Tambo airport to Suncity

Is it safe to use shuttle or private transfers from JNB airport to Suncity? I've heard some horror robbery and car jacking stories. I don't know if the route from the airport to Suncity is crossing through JNB city centre and even if it's not how safe is the highway road? Please advise

3 replies to this topic
Greater...
Level Contributor
3 918 posts
1 review
1. Re: Getting from OR Tambo airport to Suncity

** Is it safe to use shuttle or private transfers from JNB airport to Suncity? **

Yes, it is.

** I don't know if the route from the airport to Suncity is crossing through JNB city centre**

It does not.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Getting from OR Tambo airport to Suncity

Thanks .. I would appreciate more people sharing their views on the same!!

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
718 posts
48 reviews
43 helpful votes
3. Re: Getting from OR Tambo airport to Suncity

Yes a private transfer is generally safe. But it is South Africa and things do sometimes happen, even outside of the Joburg CBD. The drivers are familiar with the roads and know what to watch out for. Even driving yourself is generally fine, that's how most of the people are getting to Sun City.

Reply to: Getting from OR Tambo airport to Suncity
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sun City
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.