We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle from JNB airport to Nelspruit and taxi in Nelspruit

Zyu
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
shuttle from JNB airport to Nelspruit and taxi in Nelspruit

Hi

We are a couple with a kid. We will arrive at JNB airport at 6h10 in the morning in December after a long-haul flight and want to do self drive in Kruger national park.

I don't want to do a 6 hour drive right after the overnight flight and want to use shuttle to transport us to Nelspruit and rent a car there. I find that Limetime has a shuttle departure from the airport at 8h15. Does anyone know whether this company is reliable? Are two hours enough to go through covid screening/immigration check/get the checked the baggage?

Is it safe to walk to the bus terminal with luggage?

And when arrive in Nelspruit, the bus stop is quite far from Avis rental agency (which I intend to rent the car). Is there taxi or uber in Nelspruit?

Thanks a lot

3 replies to this topic
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
526 posts
40 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: shuttle from JNB airport to Nelspruit and taxi in Nelspruit

We were planning to do the same , but I am not sure if possible. What did you end up doing?

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
6 598 posts
10 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: shuttle from JNB airport to Nelspruit and taxi in Nelspruit

have you considered flying to Nelpruit taking an early connection from Jo'berg?

Are you staying in Nelspruit or wanting to go straight to Kruger, if so there are flights an airport right inside Kruger i.e. Skukuza .

If staying in Nelspruit you can ask your accomodation to arrange a transfer from Nelspruit airport and have the car delivered to the accomodation next day.

More expensive but more relaxing.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
526 posts
40 reviews
26 helpful votes
3. Re: shuttle from JNB airport to Nelspruit and taxi in Nelspruit

Unfortunately, it is very expensive to fly, especially 4 people.

Reply to: shuttle from JNB airport to Nelspruit and taxi in Nelspruit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mbombela
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.