We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in kruger??

london
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Topic
where to stay in kruger??

hi,

very excited about visit to kruger but have no idea about it!

would like to ask on advice on where to stay in kruger ,what route to take ,and any activities to do.

we are there only one night and will self drive.it would be one adult and son aged 8..

arrive skukaza may 1st 1050am

leave nelspruit may 2nd 6.25pm

also interested in doing an activity-sunset or night drive??

thanks in advance!!!

3 replies to this topic
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
3 691 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in kruger??

I would stay in any of the main rest camps in the southern part of the park, but Skukuza has the most services so maybe stay there. You can do any of the roads around - it really depends on how much time you want to drive. Either an evening or night drive are fun - it might depend on how tired your son is. The evening drive might be the best choice. You need to be to Nelspruit by 4:30pm, so leave the Melalane Gate by 3-3:30pm. Buy tge Kruger map at Skukuza and chose a route! Enjoy whatever roads you choose - and enjoy all you game sightings. Don't rush.

It's too bad you have such a short time. More time would be so much better.

Canberra, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in kruger??

Have a look at the https:/…accommodation.php . Lower Sabie is my favourite and is fairly close to Skukuza. You can book accommodation and sunset / night drives through this site too. Enjoy your trip.

london
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in kruger??

thanks all decided to stay at skukuza-and advice on what to do for lunch /dinner?( we are arriving 11am and doing the sunset drive)

also i recvd an indemnity form to fill in -it says witness 1 on it-do i need a witness signature or is just mine OK?

we are flying into skukaza and then hiring a car to drive around -do we need to fill out a gate registration form as well?

thanks

Reply to: where to stay in kruger??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted